That's Just Speechie!

The wandering ramblings of a Speechie Student at the UofA.

Wednesday, July 12, 2006

My kind of mornings

Hey guys!

I woke up slowly this morning, savoring a rather entertaining dream about a guy I've known since I was 5. (Actually, when I was 5, myself and another girl pinned him down and kissed him on the playground. Fortunately, he doesn't remember that particular event). Anyhoo, my dad owned a bowling alley (which is funny in itself), and Craig and I were working for him, but kept screwing up these incredibly simple tasks and finding it all very funny. Reading it over, it doesn't sound quite as fun as it was, but I guess that's how dreams are.

So I slowly drifted out of my dream, to discover that it's my favorite kind of morning - a rainy one. The kind of one where you lay in bed, listening to the rain for a while, and then read a good book. Pausing every chapter or so, of course, in order to listen more to the rain. Currently I'm reading Father Joe: The Man who Saved my Soul by Tony Hendra. It's wonderful! And parts of it take place on the Isle of Wight, which reminds me of my darling Lucy, and spending Christmas there. It's lovely.

I also woke up this morning unable to straighten out my right pinky finger. I've had this problem before, but only this summer. I think that I must hold my ice cream scoop in an odd way, because my pinky and ring fingers of my right hand are often very stiff and sore at the point where they connect to my hand. Lately, the pinky has taken to curling up and staying there. (Like hedgehogs! You know, Chris had hedgehogs in his garden [yard for you North Americans] and his dad liked to feed them gingernut biscuits [cookies], but it made his mum crazy. You see, the master bedroom was over the kitchen window, where his dad was throwing the biscuits... and she could the hedgehogs crunching!)... wait... where was I?? Oh yeah, the pinky curls up, and won't straighten out. It doesn't hurt at all where it's jammed (the big knuckle in the middle), but it just won't go. After a few minutes of bending and flexing the other fingers, the pinky eventually joins in. So clearly, nothing serious. Just bizarre. Like me. :D

So now that I've brushed my teeth, read my emails, and written a blog post, I think I'll go back to bed, and listen to the rain some more. I imagine work'll be even quieter today than it was yesterday...

Love,
Elizabeth

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home