That's Just Speechie!

The wandering ramblings of a Speechie Student at the UofA.

Monday, July 03, 2006

Days off are a beautiful thing

Hi all! I've been having a FABULOUS couple of days, so I haven't been online much. But here I am now!

Work was busy this week, culminating in our record setting Canada Day crowd. It was nutty! But there were 4 of us girls on my shift, so we were able to handle everyone with no problems. We also got to watch the fireworks. Very exciting!

Yesterday we did the grocery shopping and ate some lunch, and then Amy's brother, sister-in-law and nephew arrived! The baby is so cute, so I got in some quality baby-cuddling. Then it was time to head down to the Pier to meet N.

We went to her place, she got her stuff, and then we went to the lake! Oh.my.gosh. McIvor lake is gorgeous! NOTHING like Pigeon Lake! :D We laid in the sun, swam a bit, and then N. ran into her friend T. He was there with his boat, so he took us out on the water. :) We putted 'round the lake, swam in the deep part (jumping off the boat, whee!), and then roared across going 55 mph (no idea what that is in kmh). T. has a rather nice little stereo system as well, so we rocked out to the BlackEyed Peas (whom I love - and I don't care if everyone else thinks they're geeky!) and Jack Johnson. Such a great afternoon! N. and I had dinner at Moxie's, and then I came home and watched Undertaking Betty with the family. Such a funny movie!

Today I got up, and Amy made us a yummy breakfast. We visited, and I played with the baby some more, and then they headed off to the beach, while I stayed here. I wanted to do some laundry (done now!), read (I finished a magazine, the 6th Harry Potter, and a few chapters in another book, and I've got my textbooks out for some pre-reading, blurgh), and just be lazy (definitely accomplished!). I've been laying in the sun, but I'm feeling a bit pink, so I thought I'd come in and update my blog. Next I need to clean my room and do some more pre-reading.

So as you can tell, things continue to be good here. I'm starting to get a bit of a tan, and I'm feeling happy and relaxed. Hope you're all feeling the same!

Love,
Elizabeth

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home