That's Just Speechie!

The wandering ramblings of a Speechie Student at the UofA.

Monday, June 26, 2006

Wearing my snowflake underpants in an effort to remain cool

Hi all! It's broiling here - 32* yesterday, today, and apparently, tomorrow as well. My days off have therefore been spent either in the airconditioning, or in the shade!

We went over to Nanaimo yesterday. We stopped in Coombes on the way to go to the market that has goats on the roof. Yup. The roof is grassed over, and a few goats live up there. It's very odd. You can get t-shirts that say "Goats on Roof" with a yellow warning sign. Bizarre! Then we went on to Nanaimo, and did some shopping. I got a tennis raquet (yay!), and a new pair of runners, since my old ones had holes in. :( When it cools down a bit this evening, Michael and I are heading over to the Sportsplex to practice.

Michael also picked up Tennis Skills: The Player's Guide. My job is to read it, absorb it, and attempt to stop hitting balls at the guys in the other courts. I think this may be my greatest challenge for the summer!!

You may have noticed that I put my New Zealand, 2008 sidebar. Many thanks to Karlie for the step by step tutorial. I know things are a bit vague, but once I actually start the program, and find out whom to speak to regarding the practica, I'll be able to set some more concrete goals. How exciting!! :D

Well, I think it's time for me to go work on dinner. Michael's making the ribs; my job is the "tinfoil dinner" (potatoes, carrots and onions with butter, cooked in a tinfoil packet on the BBQ), and the sweet corn. I'll catch you all later!!

Love,
Elizabeth

1 Comments:

  • At 9:08 a.m., Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hey, I love those goats on the roof. funny thing is I was telling Elly about that place a couple of days ago and couldn't remember the town. thanks for the info.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home