That's Just Speechie!

The wandering ramblings of a Speechie Student at the UofA.

Friday, October 21, 2005

Wow, something actually happened!!

Ahoj hoj,

'sup y'all? I know I've been saying that it's pretty quiet here, but today a few things actually happened!!

To begin with, I was walking into Megan's room this morning when I my foot made some serious contact with her bed. I heard a crack, and unlike the time when I was wearing my favorite bra and heard a snap and prayed that I'd cracked a rib as opposed to the underwire in this, my favorite bra, I prayed that the crack came from the bed and not my smallest toe. After prancing around and shouting some very unladylike words, I inspected the bed... but there was no crack to be found. I inspected my toe and discovered it was pointing in a different direction than it normally does. Owch. However, I had errands to run that couldn't be put off, so I carefully put on my shoes, and headed out. The toe and foot (actually, right up to my knee at times) is pretty sore, but I can walk Ok, so that's good. I stopped by Oxford TEFL, and my friend Josh was there. Josh used to be a medic, so when he asked to see my toe, I said ok. Off comes the shoe and sock, and voila, my toe had put itself back into place! Josh checked it over, and figured that I likely just dislocated it. It should be better pretty soon. Ok, I've had a cold, gastroenteritis, and a dislocated toe. I should be COMPLETELY healthy for the rest of the year!!

One of my errands was to head out to Skrivanek to see about the paperwork for my new class. I walked in, and Bara says to me "I have good news and bad news." I said to Bara "I had better sit down." The lady cancelled the class! Aaack! She says that she doesn't feel comfortable with a non-Czech teacher. Poop. The good news? I'm teaching a week long intensive course in November... 5 six-hour days. It'll be a lot of work, but even if I don't pick up anymore new classes (and I am so planning to pick up more classes) that one week will mean I have enough contact hours in November to get by. Yay!!! :D I'll miss 3 classes to teach this week-long thing, but Skrivanek will arrange a sub for two of them, and I can hopefully move the third to an alternate time so I can still teach it. I'm really quite pleased.

Because that week is going to be so intense, I figure I'll need a little vay-kay afterwards. Elly, how do you feel about me coming to see you the weekend of Nov. 18 (I think that's the date, but I have to doublecheck). I'm so excited to go and see Salzburg!

Please continue to pray that new classes will come available that actually fit into my schedule. Because this week long course is a one time only thing, please pray that those 10 other contact hours will come available. Actually, in the month of November I probably only need about 5 contact hours, and then 5 more in December. I appreciate all of your prayers.

All my love,
Elizabeth

PS - I know it's costly, but if any of you want to give me a call ever, just let me know and I'll email you my phone number here. :) Wishful thinking on my part, I know!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home