That's Just Speechie!

The wandering ramblings of a Speechie Student at the UofA.

Saturday, October 22, 2005

This little piggy went to market...

This little piggy stayed home.
This little piggy had roast beef,
and this little piggy had none.
And THIS little piggy cried Owwwww all the home.

Yup, the toe is still pretty sore. And I've got a lovely greeny-blue bruise coming along. I took a picture today, that I will post whenever I finish this film and develop, and then I will post it, and receive considerably more sympathy over my DISLOCATED toe (which has, as mention yesterday, relocated itself) than I darn well got yesterday! Yes, I'm whining. But I'm injured (sort of) in a foreign country without my mum, and I can darn well whine if I want to!! :D

Today was the ladies' retreat at the church, and it was wonderful. It started at 8:30 and wrapped up at about 6:30. We talked about a ton of stuff, and it was really nice to get to know some of the women a bit better. I can't get over how welcoming everyone is! And they absolutely stuffed us full of food, so I likely won't need to eat for, oh say, the next week or two. ;) The pastor's wife is a doll, and gives me hugs, so I like her already. It doesn't hurt that her name is also Elizabeth! I spent some time chatting with Tobogo, a girl from Botswana who is here doing her med degree. We're hoping to meet up for coffee sometime this week, which would be great!

Mum told me that I should look forward to seeing how God would answer my prayer about the contact hours, because he likes to do things that I'm just not expecting. Well, he certainly came through on that front. The class that I was so excited about picking up got cancelled. That was the bad news. The good news is that I picked up a 5 day 6 hours a day intensive course for November. The sheer number of hours that I will put in in those 5 days means that I don't have to pick up any longer term classes in the month of November. I will need those kinds of classes come December, but this course buys me some more time. This is wonderful, because I can also slowly pick up these classes throughout November, and end up where I need to be hours-wise without a panic attack. Yay! This 5 day thing is going to be a lot of work, but I'm definitely looking forward to the challenge. :) Thank you all for praying, and thank God for prayers answered in ways we never dreamed of. Please continue to pray that I will slowly pick up a few longer term classes.

That's really all that's new here, and I'm very tired, so I believe that I will say good night. Thanks to all of you who are emailing me; I love hearing from you.

All my love,
Elizabeth

1 Comments:

  • At 2:32 p.m., Blogger Elizabeth said…

    Oy, a lot of this was repeat stuff from yesterday. I really didn't realize that I had already told you about the new class. Next time I'll sleep before I post!!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home