That's Just Speechie!

The wandering ramblings of a Speechie Student at the UofA.

Sunday, June 11, 2006

Oh my - what a busy day!

Hello everyone! How was your weekend? Mine's gotten off to a great start (remember: I have Sundays and Mondays off). Rolled out of bed this morning, ate breakfast with M&A, watched Mexico beat Iran in the World Cup (Praguers - did you watch the game Thursday night at the pub? I was watching in the afternoon, so the time change should be about right...), and got cleaned up. Then it was off to grocery shop (I do love grocery shopping), and home to put things away and have some lunch. After that I got a bit dolled up, and went to meet C. for coffee. Ever have one of those coffees where there's just no connection whatsoever? Yup. Good thing I had plans with N. for tonight!


N. and I. Having plans.

N. attempting to be part of the plan having.
N. picked me up at 6, and we drove out to Black Creek to have dinner. We ate on the patio, and this was the view. Fabulous, non? We giggled and chatted our way through some yummy food (mmmm mediterranean pasta), and the headed to the mini-golf course.


View from the table.


I threw in the patio table, just so you'd believe that this is really the view! :D

Whoops! Guess it closes early on Sundays, so that plan fell through. We hit up the Starbucks (shaken iced tea lemonade for me, green tea soy latte for N.), and went to walk down on the docks. We saw a seal! Apparently, they're total pests, but we thought they were cute. Not so much with the guys we ran into...


Seal! I know - it looks like a hump in the water. But he's there!

Two guys from Manitoba stopped us, completely hit on us, took their pictures with us ("so we can tell our friends back home we actually met some girls out here!"), and tried to get us to go party with them. They were nice, and rather funny - but more pest-y than cute. :) Dorks! N. and I SO had plans already - we went and saw Over the Hedge. And let me tell you - kids' movies at 9 PM are swamped - the theatre was crammed!!


Look at all those people. Hi N.!

Why watch the movie when you can watch the audience (of one)?

Gratuitous narcissistic picture. There was no one there besides us! Who cares if we took numerous photos and chattered through the movie? Well - maybe those 2 old guys who showed up shortly after the photo-fest...

The movie was hysterical, and since there was pretty well no one there, we weren't ashamed to bust a gut at the funny bits, and to commentate. Good thing Michael wasn't with us - he hates that!

So N. just dropped me off, and I'm not tired yet (I'm not usually even home from work yet), so I thought I'd put up this post. I promise we will go mini-golfing, and I'll take pictures. Tomorrow is laundry and tidying up, and I'm hoping to get out to the tennis courts to learn the game. We'll see!

You know, I was dreading this summer. I thought it'd be lonely and boring and awful. (Don't take that the wrong way, Michael and Amy! I knew I'd love living with you, but I thought that I'd be way more upset about leaving Prague behind.) However, it's been great so far: new job, new friends, new hobbies - I feel like I'm pushing out of my comfort zone, and really pursuing the kinds of things that make me happy. I miss Prague and my friends - but I'm going to trust that I'll get to see a few of them sometime in the future.

All my love,
Elizabeth

5 Comments:

  • At 12:59 a.m., Blogger Bari said…

    I watched about 10 minutes of the Mexico-Iran game. It was 1:1 with, like, 5 minutes left; so I changed the channel. Then I checked the news a little later and found out that Mexico scored 2 goals in those 5 minutes. What a burn!

    But I'll say before your Prague friends can answer: Friday was the first day of the World Cup, so I have no idea what you were watching on Thursday!! Don't worry, though, this tourist invasion goes on for a whole month, so there will be plenty of Thursdays where you can all watch the games at the same time!

     
  • At 10:31 a.m., Blogger Elizabeth said…

    Soooooo... I'm a crank monkey. I have no idea when I was watching that game, because I had myself totally convinced it was on Thursday. *drugs drugs drugs/which are good/which are bad/drugs, drugs, drugs/ask your mum/or ask your dad*

     
  • At 2:48 p.m., Blogger Bari said…

    Which brings me to my next point:

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S6G739nIIyg

     
  • At 10:06 a.m., Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hey Elizabeth,
    Im glad you're having such an absolutely rad time out there. The West Coast is the greatest place EVER!!! As far as I am concerned anyways.

    P.S. The girl; in your Thursday posting is kinda cute, just thought u should know.

     
  • At 8:23 p.m., Blogger Karlie said…

    I'm so glad you're so happy there! It's all about getting out of the comfort zone, and finding a new one! Or maybe not a comfort zone, but a new happy zone.

    The Other Narcissist

     

Post a Comment

<< Home