That's Just Speechie!

The wandering ramblings of a Speechie Student at the UofA.

Friday, December 16, 2005

Seven Swans a-Swimming

Here it is Kim! I just needed a little extra time today. :)

Last night's Christmas party was veddy nice. Skrivanek provided us with dinner and champagne, and gave us day-timers! Awesome - now I can stop using my seriously beat up notebook, and use something a tad more professional looking. One of the hors d'oeuvres (spelling?) was a bit of bread with a piece of brie, a grape and a walnut. Soooo good. Highly reccommend them, guys! I met a few new teachers, and mostly just spent the evening chatting with people. What's really interesting is that we didn't talk about TEFL very much. Usually all TEFLers do is talk shop, so I was pleasantly surprised that we managed to talk about other things.

Today was very quiet. I was hoping to go out to Cesky Krumlov (I'm certain I spelled that wrong, but I'm tired, so... well, that's what you get!), but the bus left while I was still teaching, so that wasn't an option. I spent the day at the library, just reading and writing in my journal (I seem to do a LOT of writing these days... blog, letters to Grandma, journal; it's good because I like to think about all the things I'm doing, and writing's a good way to do that). I love the library here, it's big and well -lit with lots of huge windows that you can stare out of aimlessly.

After that I went to Bible study. There's such a great group of students of there. I quite like meeting up with them on Friday nights. They're all just so darn smart, so we can have quite in-depth conversations about... just about anything!

Not sure what's on for tomorrow... I think skating, and I'm going to see Harry Potter in the evening. And just think, I leave for England in... (counts on fingers) 6 sleeps! I'm glad I could count that out on my fingers... I was paying my half of the internet bill, and somehow came up with half of 555 being 240. Nicely done, Elizabeth, nicely done... maybe that's why I have such difficulties following a budget!

Love you all!

Elizabeth

1 Comments:

  • At 11:05 a.m., Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I love Harry Potter!! Did you enjoy it??

     

Post a Comment

<< Home