That's Just Speechie!

The wandering ramblings of a Speechie Student at the UofA.

Thursday, December 15, 2005

Six... geese...a laying?

I think it's six geese a laying, but I no longer trust my judgement. If I'm wrong, let me know!

Today's been a good day. My first class had their Christmas party/class today. We ate a lot of Christmas cookies, and did Christmas activities. The best one was when I made them close their eyes and draw the floor, a Christmas tree, a fireplace, a stocking on the mantel, a star on the tree, and presents under the tree. Then they opened their eyes and got points for how accurate things were. There was much laughter! My lovely, wonderful students also gave me a Christmas present, which was awesome. I know have a very snuggly teddy that I have named Tomaš. He's very cute, and I think he'll be perfect for cuddling with.

Then I had my Czech lesson. We're working on the accusative now. I'm Ok with the verbs, but when you have to change the adjective form according to gender, and then according to case - well, let's say that I'm still getting a little (coughcoughalotcoughcough) lost. Elizabeth needs to study her Czech!! I shall try and practice some this weekend.

Well, I'm off to teach my last class of the day. Then it's home to change and to have a bite to eat, and then I'm going to Skrivanek's Christmas party. Yay for parties. I'm loving the Christmas season, but I can't quite believe that it's so close to Christmas time!

I leave in a week! Just a week!

Love,
Elizabeth

2 Comments:

  • At 2:07 p.m., Anonymous Anonymous said…

    How do you pronounce your Teddy's name?
    Oh, and if anyone reads Elizabeth's blog who knows me, I am also suffering from a deplorate lack of friendship and people sending me e-mails! Wahhhhhhhhhh!!!
    (Only sort of kidding. It's really depressing during exams to so look forward to that once a day of checking your e-mail and having nothing except a few from mom).

     
  • At 1:22 p.m., Anonymous Anonymous said…

    What? No seven swams a swimming? How is this possible?

     

Post a Comment

<< Home