That's Just Speechie!

The wandering ramblings of a Speechie Student at the UofA.

Wednesday, December 07, 2005

Hump Day!

It's hump day! The rest of the week is all downhill from here. And good downhill, not bad downhill. Just an easy free-wheeling towards the weekend. Awesome!

My classes yesterday went really well. My new one-on-one is a very nice man, and he enjoys chatting, so the time goes by very quickly. We did one of my favorite lessons called "Politically Incorrect Humor." For all you Scotts out there, here's the best joke in the plan:

Q: How do you make a cat go 'woof'?

A: Soak it in petrol and throw it on the fire.


Hahahahaha -*wipes tear away*. I know, I know. The rest of you do NOT find that funny at ALL. But you aren't Scotts! That's why! And remember, it is politically INcorrect jokes!

My morning class was great today. We played the adverb game, where you have to randomly combine a verb and an adverb and make a sentence. If my student ever tires of the financial world, he could make a million by writing romance stories in English... one of the sentences he came up with was "she smiled dangerously at me... I was about to fall in love." It was awesome! For you TEFLers out there, it's a One Stop English lesson, and it works great. It's a lot of fun, and you can play it a couple of times, no problem.

Speaking of work, I've been invited to the company Christmas party on Dec. 15. I'm quite looking forward to it, as I've briefly met a number of the other teachers, but it would be very nice to actually have some time to sit and chat. Hurray for Christmas parties! I wonder if any TEFLers are having any... maybe I should ask Megan if we should have one!

I leave for England in just 15 days. Before I leave, I need to try grog and mulled wine. They seem like pre-Christams kinds of drinks. Maybe I'll do that this weekend. I'm hoping to get some people together to go skating (Rob, did you get my email? Would you and Marta want to go skating?) one afternoon, and I think grog and mulled wine after skating would be perfect. Such a European Christmas!

Well, three more classes to teach, so I'd better get my rear in gear. I hope you're all doing well, and enjoying the Advent season.

Love,
Elizabeth

3 Comments:

  • At 10:35 a.m., Blogger Karlie said…

    eeek, I hope my package gets there in time. What happens if it arrives when you're not there? Is it like Purolator, where they only hold the package for a set number of days?

     
  • At 11:45 a.m., Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I think it's funny and I'm not a Scott. It's not like it's a dog or anything.

    I just used it's three times... wow

     
  • At 12:38 p.m., Blogger Elizabeth said…

    Karlie - I'm only gone for ten days, a bunch of which are weekends/holidays, and they hold the packages for at least 2 weeks. Nothing to worry about!

    Amber - yay! I'm glad you thought it was funny, too. :) How're things going? Good luck with papers and finals and assignments.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home