That's Just Speechie!

The wandering ramblings of a Speechie Student at the UofA.

Sunday, December 11, 2005

Two Turtle Doves

Good morning all. It's eight thirty here in Prague, and I'm up and puttering about, getting ready church.

It was a funny night last night, as not a whole lot happened. I hung out in the flat all day, just being lazy (it was lovely!), I got all my lessons planned, did some laundry... you know, the exciting stuff. I met up with a friend for some dinner, and then went out for a drink. We wound up in this little cave like club listening to "Two moon planet in a lunatic system" wail out some really, really bad... um... "music." ;) Ah, Prague randomness. How I love it. I also saw a guy carrying a ferret in toque. Huh. Now if it had only been St. Nicholas on the tram, playing the accordion with a ferret in his toque....

It was a pretty early night (I was home by 11 as I haven't been feeling 100% this weekend), and I chatted with mum and dad a bit (dad and I have skype working, which is totally awesome). I crawled into bed, and promptly had the weirdest dreams ever. I dreamt that a girl I went to high school with (and that I haven't seen in... I think 4 years) came to Prague to do some chemistry courses at a college here (she was insistent that she wanted something easier than what Charles' U offers), and so we met up. Mixed up with all of this was my friend Tiffany trying to teach me Czech, eating at a place called "baba ganoush" (which doesn't exist, as far as I know!) and going mountaineering (boy, do I love mountaineering! um... no... actually...). I woke up feeling like I'd already been up for a day!

This morning is church, and then I think, out to the soup place for a bowl of soup. I really do want to wrap presents this afternoon, and I have a letter to Grandma and Grandpa to finish. I'm thinking a walk in the Christmas market might be appropriate. A general "who knows" hangs over the rest of my day. :) Mum and I want to try skype tonight, so hopefully that will get up and running, which would also be awesome.

So that's it folks. I leave for a much-needed Christmas break in just eleven days, and I'm so excited. Lucy and I are going to have such a great time.

Love,
Elizabeth

3 Comments:

  • At 8:40 a.m., Anonymous Anonymous said…

    So I feel the need to post a comment just because no one else has posted. With regards to your weird music night, a few of us went out the this "boite chansonnier" on Friday (a mini restaurant, though I rarely see food being served, where they alwasy seem to have a live guitarist). You can request tunes or he'll just go through his massive binder and pick stuff. However, being that we're in Quebec, more than half the tunes are French songs we don't know, and though very lively, I would so love to sing along.
    So, in a new spin to this place, on Friday after a particularly rousing French tune, the singer called out for spoons to be handed all around. Yes, spoons. So, two metal spoons each, some lively music...and we were jamming! Those spoons hurt after like 3 songs of hitting them, let me tell you. I think the tables might have a few new dents as a result...
    All in all, it was a hilariously fun night, even though I just didn't know the songs...and no ferret unfortunately.

     
  • At 11:37 a.m., Blogger Karlie said…

    What's skype? I don't think I've ever heard of it! I had weird dreams last night too - since I don't have my last exam for another 5 days Sean and I have been playing lots of WarCraft, so last night I dreamed I was playing WarCraft but instead of killing monsters I was killing priest at the Vatican!!! It was very disturbing! I think it was because I was reading The DaVinci Code before bed though.

     
  • At 2:38 a.m., Blogger Elizabeth said…

    Karlie - Skype is free software that you use to phone over the internet. Then, with just a headset and mic you can talk to people for free. It works really well - the sound quality is excellent. I've used to talk to both my dad (wetaskiwin) and my mum (california) and am very impressed with it so far.

    Kathie - thanks! I laughed out loud reading your dream interpretation. I think you should start up a business! The only part you missed is where I fall in love with Jeff "the almost genius" Ruff and get married and stay in Wetaskiwin FOREVER!!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home