That's Just Speechie!

The wandering ramblings of a Speechie Student at the UofA.

Monday, December 12, 2005

Three French Hens

A good Monday morning to you all! How's it going?

My Monday has been very quiet. I taught my first class, and it went well (oh the joys of all of our "be" collocations... be up with somebody [what's up with you?], be up, be on [medication]...). Then I headed out to Letnany (a good 45 minute metro trip) where I discovered that my student is in Poland this week and will therefore not be having her lesson! :) I rode back into the centre, and came home, to find out that my afternoon class has cancelled as well. So I'm at home til about 5 when I will leave to teach my evening class. I spent a fair bit of time at home this weekend already, so I'm feeling a bit bored, but not bored enough to actually put on real pants again and go outside. I'm laaaaaaaazy.

Another stack of Christmas cards arrived today from family and friends from Knox Church. How exciting! I think I have about 10 cards to take with me to the Isle of Wight and open as presents. Aunt Leslie, I must confess. I didn't read the card, but I did sneak the photos out of it. They are so CUTE! You have some of the cutest grandbabies EVER. Thank you!!

I went for a walk last night and ended up in Old Town Square. I had some really fortunate timing and arrived just in time to hear a classical choir perform. I really wanted to stick around to hear the guitar duo, but I had worn sneakers, and my toes were too cold! It was so neat though, just to stand in this amazing historical place that's all lit up for Christmas, and listen to these beautiful songs (all in Czech, and Czech sounds amazing when sung). It was wonderful!

Well, that's all that's new here at my house. I know, I know, boring, but somedays that's just how it is. Hope this blog finds you all well. Anyone else getting excited for Christmas?

Love,
Elizabeth

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home