That's Just Speechie!

The wandering ramblings of a Speechie Student at the UofA.

Wednesday, December 14, 2005

Five Golden Rings

Hi all!

How're you doing?? Things are going well here. My mornng class cancelled, and so I had a very quiet morning to myself. I went down to the library and read there for a while, which I should do more often. It's so lovely and peaceful.

Classes today went well, which is always nice. My students are just such sweethearts. I really like teaching!! Some of my students and I can spend 15 or 20 minutes just chatting about things that are of interest to them. I think that's my favorite part of teaching - watching the students use the language naturally, in a way that they find interesting.

I wandered into a bookshop today and found Christmas CDs! I really wanted some Christmas music for my students' Christmas parties, but I have no money. Also, most of the CDs were Czech. I asked a clerk if they had any English CDs, and she said "yes, one." She handed it over... and it's Willie Nelson's Christmas!! It was only 29 Kc, which is like a dollar fifty. So I bought it. And now my students can listen to Willie Nelson's Christmas... I am going to torture them into learning English! Bwa ha ha ha.

Well, I'm pooped. Have a good night, all! Love you!

Elizabeth

1 Comments:

  • At 10:27 p.m., Blogger Elizabeth said…

    Shh! It's a secret. *I* know that it's not torture, and *you* know that it't not torture, but if we tell EVERYONE then I won't be able to get his CDs for 29 Kc! I'll have to pay some exorbitant price!!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home