That's Just Speechie!

The wandering ramblings of a Speechie Student at the UofA.

Sunday, October 02, 2005

Sorry I missed a day!

Hello again faithful readers,

so sorry to have missed a day, but sometimes these things happen. Actually, it's kind of the lack of these things happening that led to this thing happening; in other words, not a lot is going on to tell you about.

On Saturday, a few of us met up to go for lunch and then to a park somewhere to enjoy the "sunshine." That's in quotes, because there wasn't very much of it, and it was pretty chilly out. Rob really wanted to go and see a park on a hill that has the world's largest statue of a horse on it, so we all headed out that way. It was quite the hike up quite the hill, but the view was incredible, and I was much warmer after hauling my buns all that way up!! The statue is amazing. It's of one of the leaders of the Hussites (Jan Ziskov, I think) and it really is huge. It was a nice way to spend an afternoon; it felt really good to be outside doing something. I think I spend a bit too much time indoors these days; time to get back to wandering around the city!!

Yesterday I went to church in the morning. I met some nice people again, but didn't see the TEFL girl I met last week, so my plan for meeting up with her for coffee later this week fell through. There was a man there from Prague's Campus Crusade for Christ, and he was looking for volunteers to do work on conversational English with Czech university students, so I signed up for that. I certainly possess the skills to be of help to an English learning Czech student, and I think it's a great way to meet someone new.

Here's your anecdote for the day:

Yesterday, Megan and I ran out of toilet paper. On my way home I stopped by the Albert's to pick some up. They didn't have any of the smaller packs, so I grabbed an 8 pack. You have to pay for your bags at Albert's, and I didn't want to bother, so I just stuck the TP under my arm and headed up the hill. I realized that it was just about the time I said I'd "meet" dad online to chat, so I headed for the internet cafe. By the time I got there, I really needed to use the washroom, so I walked up to the young guy who runs the place, and asked where the WC was. He gave me the weirdest look, and pointed to the back of the cafe. As I turned to walk away, I suddenly realized why he was looking at me strangely. Here I was with EIGHT rolls of TP under my arm, asking where the toilets were! Poor guy. Hopefully he still lets me in when I want to use the net! :)

And that's all for today folks! Today I meet another of my classes, so maybe I'll write tonight and tell you about them.

Love,
Elizabeth

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home