That's Just Speechie!

The wandering ramblings of a Speechie Student at the UofA.

Friday, September 30, 2005

It's just like Alberta...

... you so much as blink and the weather changes. What is UP with that? :)

I woke up this morning all excited because it was sunny out. I showered, ate my morning round of yogurt (it's really good here), and headed out the door. By then it was partly cloudy. I should have known to go back and get the coat and umbrella, but I figured it would all blow over. And it did! Unfortunately, it didn't blow over until after it rained all over me as I ran from Skrivanek to the metro station. *le sigh* That's my lesson though... do not go out in Prague in the autumn without coat and ollie. You will regret it! But now the sunshine is peeking through the clouds, and I think that my next venture outside should be both sunnier and dryer.

I'm at Oxford TEFL right now, as I had to make some photocopies. I'm going to teach a pre-intermediate class here Tuesday and Thursday nights, and I'm looking forward to staying in touch with folks here. I loved doing my course here (it feels like it was years ago... I can't believe I just finished a week ago!!), and I'd like to be a part of it for a while longer, at least. Plus, free photocopies and internet... can't go wrong with that. ;)

Not that internet's an issue anymore. The guy from www.upc.cz showed up and hooked up the internet for Megan. It's wired, which is a bit sad, but it's sure nice to have access to the net in our apartment. I try not to use it too much; after all, it IS Megan's computer, but she very graciously lets me write my emails and blogposts on it.

Last night was pub night, and we got to meet a few of the new trainees and see some old students/tutors. It's so neat to be a part of a group like this, because you plunk yourself down and meet 7 new people and visit with 4 of your old friends and just have a really good time. Thursday nights rule!! Maybe I'll commence a Thursday night pub night back in Edmonton when I return. Kind of like coffee-night, but pubbier. (Yes, I just made that word up. But I like it. Now back off!)

I think Courtney and Adrian are going to come to our apartment tonight to watch movies (we don't have a TV, but Megan's laptop plays DVDs and has a good size screen so we can make it work). I'm excited to show off our apartment, since no one has seen it besides ourselves yet. Not that it's anything too fabulous... after all, it is only moderately furnished. But you can easily admire its elegant lines and the exquisite kitchen that actually possesses a sink. Indeed. Doesn't it make all of you want to hop on the next flight over the pond and check it out?

Well, I'm well off of "interesting things to say" and have progressed firmly into "random babble" so I think I'll say good bye now. Hope you all are keeping well. Currently Kim is my favorite; she emails me lots. ;)

Love you all!

Elizabeth

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home