That's Just Speechie!

The wandering ramblings of a Speechie Student at the UofA.

Friday, September 23, 2005

Now what?!

Wowzah! I'm all done the course! It feels... unreal. Kind of how graduating from the U felt - relieving and stressful all at once. I can't believe how fast this first month has gone by.

And despite my title for the day, I do know what now. Now it's moving into a new apartment, and starting a new job. I'm super pleased that at least 6 of us are staying in Prague, so I'll still have my circle (albeit smaller) of friends here. I also hope to meet friends through work, which may or may not work, seeing as I'll pretty much only see students, and I don't think it's kosher to hang with one's students socially. Drat. Just when I thought I'd meet a nice Czech businessman and have a scorching love affair. ;)

I was a bit nervous about this new job thing, but I'm feeling much more relaxed. It sounds like I'll start off with a few classes, and pick up more as time progresses. Peachy! I'm definitely looking forward to my one and only class on Monday... it's one of the few that I'm not picking up from anyone else, but am actually starting all on my onny-knocky. I get to pick the book (with student input, of course) and run the show how I like. Huzzah! The other classes... well, I'll find out more about them on Monday when I head into the head office. Again. I keep having to make all these little trips out there, but if that's what the job requires, then that's what it requires.

I'm not sure if I've mentioned this or not, but I've been fortunate and gotten a quite well paying job. Apparently, if I take on some business English courses, they'll pay me even more! Bring on the bank loans, interest fees, and centrally located properties! :D

Well, I'm off. It sounds like we're either going to the black light theatre or for a horsedrawn carriage ride tonight... and then I have to pack. Tomorrow, it's off to buy bedding, and maybe move (that'll be tomorrow or Sunday), and then we're all going out for dinner together. *sniff* I can't believe that I have to say goodbye to some of my friends!

Love you all, send housewarming emails (since I can't seem to convince you to email me with any other excuse...),

Elizabeth

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home