That's Just Speechie!

The wandering ramblings of a Speechie Student at the UofA.

Sunday, September 25, 2005

I'm s'posed to be in bed

Ola all. Your intrepid Pilgrim is here... feeling much less intrepid than usual. I've caught the cold that's been going around, and I must admit that my "condition" has gone from delicate to downright miserable. Tomorrow, I shall brave the pharmacy to find some sort of Czech decongestant/pain killer/fever reliever... well, you know. Anything that'll dope me up, basically.

We got all moved today, which is great. Megan and I had so much stuff (and I might point out that most of it was actually hers) that the luggage and both of us couldn't fit in the cab. Megan metro'd it, and I went in the cab with the luggage!! The taxi driver was so nice; he helped us load and unload, even though he was double parked on a very busy street!! I tipped him 30 Kc, because it was all I had on me, but I was seriously ready to hug the guy. Moving is stressful!! :D

We dumped our stuff, and headed to Ikea. You know, I think Ikeas everywhere are identical. It felt very homey! I got a quilt, 2 pillows, a quilt cover, a fitted sheet and pillowcases, a bar of chocolate roll thingies (the kind mum and dad always get at Ikea, like rollos but solid milk chocolate) and a new towel for all of 2100 Kc. That's about $100 CDN. I'm so impressed! The bedding is really nice, and I had a little nap in it this afternoon. ;)

We also popped down to Tesco's for a few groceries and an iron and some laundry detergent... just household things. Note to self: NO TESCO'S ON THE WEEKEND. It was a zoo. I've been a little emotional lately, plus being sick, and the stress of pushy tourists and very focussed Czechs mixed with how homesick I've been meant that I was wandering up and down the aisles shopping and crying. A bit embarassing, really... :D But very me!

Tonight my classmates and I got together for one last time together. We went for Afghan food, which is similar to Indian food, but milder. It was really nummy. We had a great time, gabbing and eating and laughing, and singing.... We're in an Afghan restaurant in the Czech Republic, and some fat Italian man was belting out opera at the top of his lungs. Go figure!! I wanted to stay and party a bit more with them (they were going to play foosball!) but this cold has me beat, and all of the smoke was killing me. So I headed back early... and the internet cafe was still open... so I popped in to post, and to see if I could find times for English church services tomorrow.

Tomorrow we're going to see a couple of our mates' new flat, and then they're coming round to ours. I think it should be a very quiet, pleasant day. We'll likely do lunch, as well. I like doing lunch... it sounds very posh, and it generally tastes good, too. ;)

Well folks, I am pooped, and I don't want to be too tired to start work on Monday. I shall publicly confess that I have been wildly homesick these past few days (it really comes and goes, and it feels like I'm on the worst roller coaster ever), so any email at all would be hugely appreciated. If anyone has any pics on their 'puter that they think I'd like, I'd love to see those as well.

I love you all lots... as soon as I figure out my new mailing address, I'll send it to you.

Love,
Elizabeth

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home