That's Just Speechie!

The wandering ramblings of a Speechie Student at the UofA.

Tuesday, September 27, 2005

Oh Hilary... you asked for it!

Alright. Hilary wanted pictures, so Hilary is getting pictures. I'm not sure how formatting is going to work, so I apologize in advance if this post looks really screwy. Blogger is only so user friendly...

Photo the First: This is the view off of the balcony in Skalka, where I lived in the student residence flat. It's quite lovely, no?




Photo the Second: My bed and dresser in the Skalka flat. Note that the dresser is positioned in such a way that one cannot actually open it, therefore rendering it useless. You can't see it, but my suitcase is sitting open on the floor... I used it as a dresser the whole time. Made packing to leave easy.... You may also note that the giraffe is in bed reading. Takes after me and mum! The shadow behind the giraffe is Megan. You shall see more of her in a moment or two.





Photo the Third: Adrian, Joe and Courtney at the Konvikt, our common hangout, and the location for Thursday night Pub nights. Apparently, they are all napping. This is very unusual. Perhaps they are adopting the Czech manner of drinking? I'm not sure. All I know is that they were definitely awake when the bartender came round taking orders.... Adrian is the chap from Britain, Courtney is from Seattle (and every time we talk we find out that we something more in common, it's quite funny) and Joe... well, Joe.... Um. Joe. Huh. I actually know nothing about him, because he wasn't in our course, and I'm not quite sure how he joined up with us and came to our end of course dinner night out. Hm. I should maybe look into this.





Photo the Fourth: Fernanda, Sydney and Jon. I don't know what happened to Fernanda. I blame it on the dark beer. She has the most beautiful smile, and normally doesn't look so... "dwarf in the headlights." She was very sad when she saw this picture. She will be sadder that it is on the internet. All you need to know is that she doesn't look like this at all... she's actually gorgeous. Sydney is not a gun-for-hire. He looks like it, but he isn't. He's a very nice man who's going to Turkey. He's very funny. And he really isn't going to kill you... no matter how much he glowers at the camera. And Jon, well, that's Jon. He's from San Francisco, and is really smart. He just must have been in the middle of saying something, or something. :)




Photo the Fifth: All of us at the Afghan place. We had a great time, and the food was excellent. We were way to big a party for how small the restaurant was, so they brought out each dish as it was ready. I was done eating, and Rob and Marta had just gotten their rice. They had their rice for twenty minutes before anything else showed up....


Photo the Sixth: Best. Photo. Ever. I look human! You can't tell, but I'm drinking tea because I'm sick. No beer. No worries people! Megan is on the far end. I love Megan. She looks cute here. She looks much more teacher-ish in person. She strikes fear into her students' hearts, because they know she means business. Next to her is Marta, who is staring adoringly at her boyfriend Rob. I love Marta. She told me that if the pharmacy wasn't open on Sunday, I was TO CALL ROB, and she would bring me something for my cough. She meant it. I was afraid to cross her. She's actually more of a hitman than Sydney is.... Anyway, the pharmacy was open, so it was all good. I like Rob, too. He's really smart, and funny, and he over analyzes EVERYTHING. Just like me!


Photo the Seventh: Adrian. He was not drinking tea. Enough said. (Although I will point out that I tried to physically wrestle the camera away from him.)


Photo the Eighth: Jon. Also not drinking tea. Um. Yeah. 'Nough said. Oh, and sorry it's sideways... I don't know how to rotate it.

And that's it folks... all the pics I have for now. The rest of the film was Jake's costume party, and last Christmas... my parents are a little slow on the flash business. More photos when the next roll is done!

Love you all,

Elizabeth

5 Comments:

  • At 12:10 a.m., Blogger Bari said…

    YEEEAAAHHH! Pictures!

     
  • At 12:38 p.m., Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Finally!

     
  • At 9:09 p.m., Blogger Karlie said…

    Are you feeling better yet? I really, really hope so! I'm feeling better now finally. I like your hair btw, it looks cute. You're so photogenic! Last but not least I'm glad your class went well too. It must be nice that they're such enthustiastic ladies :D

     
  • At 2:09 a.m., Blogger Elizabeth said…

    I've gotten rid of most of the cold... just the cough keeps hanging on. Hopefully I'll shake it by Monday... I really don't want to teach with a hacker of a cough! ;)

    I'm glad you like my hair... it's being a total pain these days. I think I might break down and buy a blowdryer and start straightening it again (Hils, your blowdryer does not like the adaptors... it slows down so much that it's like standing in a gentle spring breeze!). I don't think I've ever been called photogenic before...

    Love ya!

     
  • At 6:21 a.m., Anonymous Anonymous said…

    A gentle breeze eh? Some blowdryer!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home