That's Just Speechie!

The wandering ramblings of a Speechie Student at the UofA.

Saturday, September 24, 2005

Happy anniversary...

Happy 0th anniversary to Anna-Lisa and Scott! I hope your wedding runs smoothly, and that you are excited to start your new life together!!

But that is not the only anniversary that the Pilgrim is celebrating today. It is my one month anniversary in Prague! Crazy, innit? While I officially left a month ago yesterday, I arrived a month ago today. So far, only 2 sad phone calls home! The others have been more even tempered... if a little oftener than the once per week call I was planning. :)

Today is also special because it is moving day. Megan and I decided to haul our stuff across town first thing this morning (well... at like 10. which is early enough), and then go buy bedding this afternoon. I'm quite looking forward to all of this. I love bedding... and I'm very excited to pick up some new stuff. I'm also wildly impressed, because I got all the stuff I brought me, plus all the stuff I've already picked up (a few gifts for people, groceries, lots of stuff from school...) all packed into my suitcase, pack, and 3 shopping bags. Not bad, eh? :D

I was feeling a bit moody last night... (I like all this change about as much as I like being beaten with a sock full of oranges), but we were having a hard time getting people together to make any plans. I also didn't want to go out on the town, because I've got a cold (or maybe it's flu... I can never tell between the two), and am feeling delicate. ;) We finally tracked down Adrian and Courtney, and went to a young wine festival! It was a lot of fun. The young wine looks like, and tastes like, juice. It's the first wine I've ever liked the taste of. There were musicians and artisan stalls, where I picked up Jacob's birthday present. Don't look at me like that! I know his birthday isn't until Nov 6, but I had the chance to pick up what I wanted for him, and I took it! Plus, it'll probably take me a month to figure out how on earth to get it to him. :D It was a nice warm evening, so wandering around sipping wine, listening to music, and looking at all the handiwork was a great way to spend a quiet night.

Tonight we're all going out for Indian/Afghan food to celebrate the end of the course, and to sort of say goodbye to all the proximity we've shared for 4 weeks. I'm quite looking forward to it. Adrian found the restaurant, and he said it looks really good. I've only had Indian food once (and I loved it), and I've never had Afghan food. I keep thinking I'll be eating blankets. I'm probably making a total fool of myself in this paragraph, but I honestly don't know what the difference between the two cuisines are... if there is any. How bad am I?? Help! Chris or Jeenu, if one of you is reading this, can you fill me in? :) Thanks.

By the by, for the parents out there... allowing your children to ride scooters at breakneck speed over the cobblestones, at a wine festival, surrounded by happy and slowmoving adults and dogs off leash... is not a good idea. Take care of your children folks, and one day they'll take care of you. ;)

Love you all!

-Elizabeth

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home