That's Just Speechie!

The wandering ramblings of a Speechie Student at the UofA.

Saturday, September 17, 2005

Not Exactly Certain Which Day it is...

good... night? morning? It's 4:40 am here, and we just got home. Megan's laptop is in my room (we were doing a bit of Buffy watching before going out) so I thought that I'd just throw up a quick post, since I don't have to worry about being on her computer when she wants to use it (she's sound asleep!)

Tonight was a bit crazy. We'd really wanted to go and listen to some jazz music last night, but everything sort of fell apart, and nothing happened. Tonight, Megan and I picked a place and a time, and just told people we were going. 3 others turned up! How exciting. It seems that the best way to do things is not to ask, but to tell!

The jazz club is this little tiny room that used to be a cellar. You can fit maaaaaaaaaaaaaaybe 50 people in the whole joint. But let me tell you, the music is smokin'. It was a trio tonight, and they were hot. The room is so small that Magali was almost sitting on the drummer's lap! We stayed for all three sets, and it's one of the best things I've done since arriving in Prague.

I assumed we'd leave after the concert, and head for home, since neither Megan nor I are overly night-owlish. Nope. We had to go to another club for a night-cap. This other club was on the other side of the city centre! We walked for ages, and I was wearing heels, a tank top, and a pashmina. It was very chilly, and heels+cobblestones=a bad idea. However, we crossed the Charles' Bridge at about 1:30 am, and there were so few other people there that it was worth it. The view was incredible, and we could see all of the statues. It was absolutely exquisite.

Our night cap turned into another hour or so at the club, where my companions became increasingly "happy," and I drank Sprite because I was exhausted and ready to go home! The conversation turned, sadly, to politics... I was definitely ready to be gone! Luckily, I talked them into heading out for some gyros, because I was starving. The 24 hr gyros place is amazing. It was 3:30 am, and the place was packed, with a huge lineup! It was almost all tourists, and a few in our group got distracted talking to some boys from Australia. I finally had to tell Megan that she could stay or go as she pleased, but that I was hailing a cab and heading for our place. The Aussies wandered off at that point, so she decided to join me.

And now I'm home, writing a blog post at what is now 4:48 am. But I just had to tell you about the jazz... some like it hot, and that diamond was worth its weight in gold.

Love you,
Elizabeth

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home