That's Just Speechie!

The wandering ramblings of a Speechie Student at the UofA.

Thursday, September 15, 2005

Thursdays are for a Huge Sigh of Relief

Hiya peoples!

It is officially Thursday evening, meaning that we've got a nice lead-in to the weekend ahead of us. Tonight is activity night. Activity night is always the same. Everyone goes to the Konvikt pub, drinks beer, and drives the solo bartender crazy with the sheer volume of people in his little place. I think we should stop calling it our social activity, and call a spade a spade. It's pub night! :)

Today was a good day. I was very hungry at the noonish time, so I ran up to Tesco's (think a superer super wal-mart spread out over 5 floors) to grab a sandwich. Apparently, I missed the "normal" sandwich rack, where Megan got a turkey club, because I ended up buying a ham and pineapple sandwich to eat. That's right, ham and pineapple sandwich not pizza. Odd as it was, it was tasty!

I taught my one-on-one lesson this afternoon. My student is lucky that he made it out of the classroom alive. A) he was late. 15 minutes late. After he had texted me to have me move his lesson to an earlier time so that he could make it to a meeting later. I wanted to throttle him. Then, in the middle of our lesson, his cellphone rang. HE ANSWERED IT. I just about beat him bloody with the overhead projector (which we call the OHP... curtsy when you're thinking, it saves time). He saved his skin by paying attention the rest of the time, and by actually accomplishing what I wanted him to accomplish. I know that my CultureShock book said that I should avoid breaking foreign laws because it's notoriously difficult to get a good lawyer abroad, but I was still seriously tempted to break a bone or two! :)

Other than that, not much else has happened. I'm looking forward to tomorrow; it's a short day, and I should be able to get all of my homework done, and be free for the weekend! Tomorrow night we're going to a trendy jazz club, which should be sweet. Then Saturday morning we're going to check out that apartment. All in all, it should be a gooder of a weekend.

Here's hoping your weekends are swell, too!

Love,
Elizabeth

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home