That's Just Speechie!

The wandering ramblings of a Speechie Student at the UofA.

Saturday, April 14, 2007

Cool Cat

Morning all!

I got up early-ish this morning, and went to run an errand. I needed to get a pair of glasses fixed. They were almost fixed, thanks to my Grandpa's ingenuity, but not quite. So I ran them over to the optician's, and asked if they could do anything for me. The lady took my glasses, looked at them rather oddly, and said "you want these fixed?"

"Yup," I said. "I know they're old, but they've got a lot of sentimental value. And I'm planning on wearing them this summer."

These aren't just any glasses. They're sunglasses. They're the cool cat sunglasses.

When I was a toddler, I loved to ride on the buddy seat* in my grandpa's car. I also used to wear his sunglasses, and he told me that I looked like a real 'cool cat.' A few years later, at the ripe old age of about 6, I was digging through the glove compartment:

"Grandpa! I remember these! I used to wear these cool cat glasses back in the old days!"

Well, Grandpa gave me the cool cat glasses at Easter this year, and I thought they looked pretty cute on me. I got them back to 100% now, so you can tell me:



Love,
Elizabeth

*buddy seat - the arm rest that folds down in the middle of front seat. I don't know if newer cars have them or not...

1 Comments:

  • At 9:30 p.m., Blogger meesh said…

    well, i don't know about the glasses....but you look amazing!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home