That's Just Speechie!

The wandering ramblings of a Speechie Student at the UofA.

Saturday, March 10, 2007

Put your right foot forward, put your left foot forward, put your right foot forward again...

I LOVE the song that today's title is from. It's by Wet Secrets, an Edmonton band, and it's on my Sweatin' to the Indies playlist. If you feel like it, check out CBC Radio 3's website, and you can hear it - it's called Secret March.

I got up this morning, and the sun was pouring into my room, and my sheets were especially soft. Always a good start to the day! I got up, threw some laundry in, changed my sheets (I missed Fresh Sheet Friday - it'll have to be Fresh Sheet Saturday, which isn't as alliteratively pleasing), and then went for a GLORIOUS run. It was sunny but cool, my music was good, and there were lots of other pleasant runners out and about exchanging smiles and 'good mornings'. I'm pretty sure that this morning was my longest run yet, just because I didn't want to go back inside. The only problem is that with a bit of sun, a bit of wind, and a lot of exertion, I get runburn. It's like sunburn, only less peely. I got home about an hour ago, showered, cleaned up my room, etc., and my cheeks are still brilliantly red. Hot, I know.

Today I'm going to the circus with Johnnie. Jacob was disappointed that I didn't go with him and dad, so when I talked to him today he said "your circus won't be as good as ours. The high wire guy fell when we went!" Owch! I always feel nervous when the artists work without nets... and apparently, I have legitimate reasons for feeling that way!!

Ok, I need to go and do some homework, if I can get focused (unlikely!) Catch y'all later.

E.

Labels:

2 Comments:

  • At 12:34 p.m., Blogger Bari said…

    I was trying to think of a way to make Fresh Sheet Saturday alliteratively pleasing.

    I though, that's easy, just make the [s] in Saturday a [sh].

    Then I started laughing.

    And I still haven't stopped.

     
  • At 9:33 a.m., Blogger Karlie said…

    You're inspiring me to get off my butt and do some laundry....sort of. Why don't I want to?

    a) My back is sore
    b) It's on the 9th floor and I'm on the 13th - far enough to make it a pain but to close to justify the elevator
    c) That would involve me putting clothes on instead of jammies

     

Post a Comment

<< Home