That's Just Speechie!

The wandering ramblings of a Speechie Student at the UofA.

Monday, March 12, 2007

How do you make a kleenex dance?

'lo. It's grey and gloomy outside. I feel grey and gloomy on the inside. Losing one's stats assignment and having to do it a 2nd time coupled with cold rainy weather and not enough sleep makes me feel LUGUBRIOUS. I am feeling LUGUBRIOUS today. So.

Ela's Tried and True Methods of Cheering Oneself Up

1. Listen to cheery music with a good beat. I recommend Josie & the Pussycats or Garth Brooks. If those fail, go with Get Set Go's "I Hate Everyone." (Careful... it's rude.) It sounds so perky! It's so vindictive!

2. Go for a run. Get up 45 minutes earlier than usual, and head out. Listen to some good tunes (see #1). Enjoy the dark. Enjoy the icy puddles. Ice for slipping, puddles for dripping! Run into the river valley, then realize how dark and stupid it is to do that, and run back out. Then enjoy the feeling of relief!

3. Sleep. Now this one is important. You see, if you get up 45 minutes earlier, you should go to bed about two hours earlier. Missing this vital step will lead to you sitting in research methods, staring out the window, and commenting that the weather looks like Mother Earth is throwing up. Nothing like nature with gastroenteritis.

4. Bad jokes. Nothing fixes you like a good knee-slapper. By the way... you put a little boogie in it!

Prior to losing my stats assignment, I had a really good weekend. The circus was really fun, and our high-wire guy also fell, so our circus was just as good as Jake's was. ;) Sunday Megs and I sang in church, and it went really well, which was fun. Mum and Dad were there, so they took us out for lunch (yum!), and then I spent part of the afternoon at the dog park with a friend which was very fun.

Class today is boring and tedious, but that's just life. Tonight my language and literacy class is coming over for a potluck in order to work on an assignment, so that should be fun. Then tomorrow I want to get up early and run again. We'll see how well that goes. ;)

Ok, lunch time. Yay for leftover maki!

love,
ela

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home