That's Just Speechie!

The wandering ramblings of a Speechie Student at the UofA.

Monday, March 12, 2007

That was odd...

My life is frequently full of odd moments. For example, I was talking to a friend this past week, and telling hime all about my language and literacy class. The following is an excerpt from our conversation:
It's [the class] really, really, really, REALLY boring. Though I did have the opportunity to say "The pigs are stacked! Who stacks pigs?" and "They sacrificed the pig to the pig god!"
Yes. I kid you not - we were looking at a picture for a story elicitation task, and the prof asked what we thought was happening. My first though was "they sacrificed the pig to the pig god!" I ask you this: would YOU want YOUR kids doing a story elicitation task where animals sacrificing one of their own was an option?

Life has been, as is now apparently the norm, incredibly busy. According to my timeline, my thesis proposal is to be done in two weeks. Ahem. Well - I've got 3 paragraphs written... that counts, right? I need to bus down to the Wonk and hide out there for a while and try and get some work done. Edmonton is just too full of fun and fabulous people!

Thurday night I went for Thai food for the first time, and it was awesome. I can't wait to try more of it!! Friday was the Rush game, and we won! wOOt! That's our 4th win of the season. Such a great game - and there was a wicked fistfight. I love a good scrap! Yesterday afternoon my small group and I went to help the Food Bank fill their truck for their current drive. Things were a little slow at first, so we went into Zeller's and bought sidewalk chalk, a frisbee, and a pool noodle. We drew on the asphalt, we threw the frisbee around, and... we played the animal game!! It was SO fun! Nothing like wailing on your friends with a lime green noodle. :) If you watch Shaw on Monday at 4, you might see us - one of the volunteers was a Shaw cameraman, and he shot some footage. None of the noodling, though. ;) Then last night was coffee with a friend, which was very fun. The 2nd Cup by MEC has the most beautiful painting of irises done in oranges and yellows that would look great in my place. Anyone have $600 they'd like to loan me to buy a painting? ;)

Today was church, which was great - we wrapped up Esther. Lyle told us to 'always remember, and never forget' to celebrate God's goodness. There's so much sadness in our world (and today we heard about a lot of people's sorrow - my heart hurt for them), and it is right to mourn for that - but it is also right celebrate the blessings. I think I might need to host a "celebrate the blessings" party sometime!!

So that's life at the moment - tomorrow night Megs and I are baking sweet rolls, so I can take them into my stats class on Tuesday morning. It should be fun!!

Later days!
E.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home