That's Just Speechie!

The wandering ramblings of a Speechie Student at the UofA.

Tuesday, March 27, 2007

Blech

Have you looked out the window today? It's gross out there. To quote Gilmore Girls, "it's cold and grey, like a fat, dead pigeon." Yes. Days like this should be automatic cancelled school days, complete with mandatory directions about staying in bed with cocoa and good books.

I think I've gotten past my thesis 'writer's-block' that I've been struggling with the past few days... and along with that, I seem to have regained some motivation. Fantastic!! I've got 2 or 3 projects that need to be finished, along with the a ton of reading in preparation for finals. I'm bound and determined to feel prepared for all of my exams again (this term's round of midterms went relatively well, if not great, and I'd like to stick with that), so I need to get going on that stuff already!

My social life has been bumping lately, which I love. :) The best bit recently was getting to spend an evening with Al, watching Black Books. It's so brilliant. And there's nothing better than just hanging out with a good friend, laughing. I also went to a Thesis Club dinner party, which was amazing. The food! The people! The laughter! We stayed out til midnight or so, mostly just laughing and talking about school and life. It was great. *grin*

Tomorrow night our Thesis Club is meeting again (this time, we're ordering pizza) and we're creating some fun decorations for our lab. Then Thursday night I'm going out for dinner at the New Asian Village with a friend (who says the food is great). Friday I'm getting my stitches out (I had a small growth removed from my shin), then going to COMPRU for work. After work, my folks are picking me up to go out for dinner. We're going to the La Ronde to celebrate the SSHRC, which is very exciting! I booked the reservation for 7, so we should be there in time for the sunset. I sure hope it quits snowing by then!! :D

Well, I'm off. Hope you're all well!

Ela

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home