That's Just Speechie!

The wandering ramblings of a Speechie Student at the UofA.

Friday, April 06, 2007

Do you think she'd look at you if you were poor?

Do you think I'd look at her if she were ugly? Fair's fair.

*grin* That's a line from the movie we watched tonight called A Good Woman starring Scarlett Johannsen (spelling?) and Helen Hunt. It was an interesting look at what life in the upper-middle class British world was like in the '30s, something I don't spend a lot of time thinking about. ;) The best bit was the costumes - they were absolutlely divine. It didn't hurt that the film was set in a beautiful Italian villa, either. The background helped make up for the lack of plot.

I spent today working on school stuff (finished another 3 sections on my thesis survey, go me!) and starting to study for finals. I'm amazed at how basic some of the earlier stats stuff seems now. At the time of the assignments, I was totally overwhelmed. Now, looking back, it's like "what on earth was so confusing about a Mann-Whitney U? Geez!" I'm kind of dreading tomorrow's session though - where I hit the stuff I'm pretty sure will still confuse me. Analyzing the SPSS output for a factor analysis? Gross. MANOVA? I'm not even sure I know what it stands for! Luckily, my newest book, SPSS for Psychologists, arrived in the mail yesterday, so I at least have a resource to go to!

I've got 2 projects and 6 finals coming up, and I was seriously contemplating being panicked this week. But I sat down and looked at my calendar yesterday - and they're actually spaced out rather nicely. Provided I can stay relatively on top of things... *grin* Yeah, right - because that always works out for me!

All right duckies - I'm off to study the lecture on Correlations. Go r-values! Make predictions! And then maybe I'll have a chaser of myasthenia gravis. Nothing like a little damage at the neuromuscular junction to give you some lower motor neuron issues. Yay flaccid dysarthria, fatigue and breathiness!

G'night,
Ela

Labels:

1 Comments:

  • At 2:58 p.m., Blogger C. said…

    i am clearly still mind-bogglingly immature, as i am unable to hear the word "flaccid" without giggling a little to myself.

    :)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home