That's Just Speechie!

The wandering ramblings of a Speechie Student at the UofA.

Thursday, March 22, 2007

*toot*

Hi guys!

Remember this post? I remember posting it. Vividly. The panic was setting in, my beloved Dexter (laptop) was ill, my SSHRC was on Megs', and only Megs', computer, the bloody SSHRC was due the next day, and I was making frantic, last minute edits. I handed it in barely on time, jogging down the halls of Corbett, mentally singing the theme from "Chariots of Fire" (I may have been humming out loud, but let's pretend I wasn't), and wishing that it would all just be finished. I wanted nothing more than to shirk the SSHRC.

Good thing I didn't. I was 'unofficially' notified today (it's pretty much for sure, it's just that my supervisors have heard from SSHRC, but I haven't gotten my letter yet - it's coming! At least it better - it'd be awfully embarassing if it didn't show up now...) that The Social Sciences and Humanities Research Council of Canada is awarding me a very healthy scholarship for next year - healthy enough to pretty much cover all of my costs!

So that's my good news. And now I'm done tooting my own horn.

E.





*toot*

Labels:

1 Comments:

  • At 7:13 a.m., Blogger Karlie said…

    Massive congratulations darling! I know those can be hard to get, although based on my faculty CV-database work, it seems that it's less difficult if you're in French or Native Studies...

     

Post a Comment

<< Home