That's Just Speechie!

The wandering ramblings of a Speechie Student at the UofA.

Tuesday, December 12, 2006

There's a dead bird on the awning

And for once it's not a quote from my audi prof. As I came up the stairs this morning (I had been out teaching), I looked out the front window from the landing - and saw a dead bird curled up on the awning. He looked so serene, so peaceful - and for a moment, I envied the bird his deadness. Ok, Ok, I jest. It's just that it's been a very stressful few days, and curling up somewhere quiet for a looooong time seems appealing right now!

Speech Science went... well, it went. I'm pretty sure I passed, but I can't say much beyond that. Thank goodness Child Language and Audi went better. And I've got more time to prep for Phonology and Anatomy, so I think they'll be fine, too. So I just need to study for those, get my ducks in a row for my thesis meeting, plan Friday's lesson for my ESL student... and it'll be the weekend, and school will be over! Yaaaaaaay Christmas!

However, I'm already thinking about January - my first batch of texts arrived from Chapters today. Aphasiology!! Motor Speech Disorders!! Research stuff... less exciting, so no exclamation points. I'm so pumped to finally be getting into material based around the adult population. I'm not terribly interested in working with kids (not that there's anything wrong with kids, it's just that I'm drawn to the fascinating world of adults), and so this semester has felt like a bit of a slog at times. Bring on the grown-ups!

Ok. Hear that whimper? That's the dysphagia (swallowing disorders) material calling my name. And it's actually pretty interesting (it's adult-focused!), so I'm going to go and read it.

Loves you.

Ela.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home