That's Just Speechie!

The wandering ramblings of a Speechie Student at the UofA.

Monday, December 11, 2006

In my Defense, I am an Idiot

Oh, another Audiology Professor quote. And no, I haven't quit blogging... not yet, anyway. A big thanks to those of you who said you're still reading; it totally perked me up. And I need the perking.

It's the end of the semester, and I'm exhausted. I went to bed at midnight and got up at 5.15 to try and prepare for today's exams. Audiology went alright, but I'm feeling a sick sense of dread about speech science, which I write in 36 minutes. I tried doing some last minute studying, but it just wasn't working for me. To make matters worse, I've got a sore throat, and sense a bout of flu or maybe tonsilitis coming on. I'm so tired that I could curl up in this cubicle and sleep... but I've got tennis tonight, an English lesson tomorrow, 2 more finals to study for, and a couple of batches of cookies to bake. Oh, and two textbooks to read for my thesis meeting Friday, along with a timeline to develop and research questions to write. I just want to go to bed and stay there. Forever.

But enough whining! My life is filled with fabulous people doing fabulous things. Last night was Knox's JoyFest, which Megs and I sang in. It went pretty well, and we looked fab. Witness the evidence here:


My sister and her family, my grandparents and my mum were all there, which was lovely. Also there was Allen, the new boy I'm seeing. And that's all you get to hear about that. ;)

Friday and my last exam can't get here fast enough. Hello 12 hour sleeps, plus afternoon naps. *sigh* It's going to be decadent. And then off to California!!!! (Abuse of punctuation, I know.)

Sorry this was such a crap update, but I'm just too tired to think right now. Better posts shall come... just give me some sleep and a miracle cure for whatever illness is awaiting me 'round the corner.

Love,
Ela

Labels: , ,

1 Comments:

  • At 8:54 a.m., Blogger Karlie said…

    Aw, you's look so pretty :D Good luck with the thesis and exams!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home