That's Just Speechie!

The wandering ramblings of a Speechie Student at the UofA.

Tuesday, November 14, 2006

Tuesday Morning Motivation

I crawled into bed at around 11 last night, all set to sleep in this morning. I woke up a bit when I heard my roomie get up and start getting ready, but fell back asleep. When I woke up later, wide awake this time, I was convinced that it must be late (which for me would be about 9!). I smiled, thinking of how fabulous sleeping in is, rolled over, and checked my clock. 7.30. Yeah. I know, it's sad. I stayed in bed for a bit, but eventually decided I'd rather get up. I puttered into the kitchen, turned up the heat (I realize that I really am turning into my dad - every night before bed, I turn the heat down, every morning, I turn it back up), wandered into the bathroom for a shower, mosied into my room to get dressed, check email, etc.... I studied for what felt like forever, but was really about 15 minutes, and decided I was bored.

It was 9. Nine o'clock in the morning, and I was already bored. I have a to-do list as long as my arm for today, but as a friend and I say, I'm not feeling it. Apparently, my motivation rode off on my favourite steed Tangent. *sigh* I decided that I really wanted pancakes and bacon for lunch, but had none of the ingredients, so I actually got dressed (shocking! as I usually live in my PJs), and went to Safeway. I had to buy milk and flour, and there was a wicked deal on those big jars of Miracle Whip, and a good deal on boxes of mandarin oranges.... Well let's just say that staggering home through the poorly (if at all) shoveled walks with 40lbs of groceries probably provided some good entertainment for the balcony smokers along my route. ;)

I got home, put everything away, and decided to study. Another 15 minutes, and I was done with that. ;) So I made an early lunch, and enjoyed it thoroughly. Nothing says "screw school!" quite like bacon. And now, now I shall attempt my to-do list. I want to finish reading my anatomy notes. Then I want to do the 505 Zemlin reading. Then I need to do a few more slides for our audiology project. And I need to get over to the U for some more practice with the tests. I'm writing this all down here, in the hopes that it'll guilt me into actually getting some work done. Odds aren't good. :)

Laters,
E.

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

  • At 7:39 p.m., Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I bet you're excited to see me on Friday...don't forget!!!

    -Liana

     

Post a Comment

<< Home