That's Just Speechie!

The wandering ramblings of a Speechie Student at the UofA.

Thursday, October 26, 2006

Almost There

So. Six midterms. Ten days. No sleep. Lots of caffeine. No wonder I personally witnessed 10% of my class crying at some point or other in the last two days. I, however, have stayed strong, and survived. Unfortunately, I can feel my adrenaline crash barelling towards me, and I have a SSHRC application to write tonight. Note that I'm blogging instead.

So. The exams. Child Language Development went extremely well, and I'm very proud of myself (I already got it back!). Anatomy did not feel as though it went well, but I can't be too upset, as I didn't study enough for it, as I thought I knew the material. Whoops! The anatomy bell-ringer went well as well; I even recognized the calcarine fissure. Go me! Phonology was alright, I think, though very picky and detail-oriented. Audiology was WAY EASIER than I anticipated. I didn't feel ready, but the exam was simpler than I anticipated, so it worked alright. Then Speech Science, which I did feel ready for ended up being a bit more difficult, and much longer than expected, so it worked out less alright than audiology did. Overall consensus: it's all good, though I may have bombed anatomy (along with 1/2 of my class). And it's over!!

Megan and I went to a career fair tonight that was fairly cool. Every booth we went to was like "SLPS??? Of COURSE we need you? When do you graduate? Here's my number, call me when you're just about done!" So that was very, very encouraging. There's more than enough work to go around!

Dudes, I am so tired. Going to bed at 23.00 and getting up at 5.30 two days in a row coupled with midterm stress is just too much for me. So I should get going, and get my SSHRC done so I can go to bed. And crash. In order to be well-rested for tomorrow's anatomy lab with "fresh" laryngeal specimens. Fresh? Do I really want to know that they're fresh?

Love,
e.

1 Comments:

  • At 8:13 a.m., Blogger Karlie said…

    Yay for you! You made it through! (That sounds like the beginning of a Dr. Seuss book, but I have no idea how to finish it). I'm working on this TOTALLY AWESOME underbust corset right now, in hot pink satin. I'll post it when it's done tonight!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home