That's Just Speechie!

The wandering ramblings of a Speechie Student at the UofA.

Monday, October 30, 2006

With great aspirations and a phrenic nerve to inspire us

(Thanks to Megan for the title)

I'm in the grad lab, working on my SSHRC application (major dollars for school next year if I get one). Why am I here? Because my computer at home is still struggling with viruses, and this needs to be done NOW. Also, I'm cracking up, and have screwed up my editing process, and am waiting to hear from Megs, who has the only copy of my program of study in existence. Stressful. But it'll all be done tomorrow! Yay!

I had a great weekend this weekend - Megan came over on Friday night and we gorged ourselves on pizza, homemade cinammon buns and Grey's Anatomy. I love girls' night in. :) Saturday, I spent the day at school doing a seminar on ethics. It was awesome. We have to do it as a requirement, but I would have done it anyway. We watched video clips of situations that might arise in the research world, and then discussed what we'd do and why. Very cool. Then mummy picked me up and took me to Winner's, where I bought a new coat, a scarf, two hats and a pair of boots. Very exciting, I tell you. :D

Yesterday was church, and then I went to Megan's where I worked on my SSHRC. Then she drove me home, and I made her dinner. While she was there, a lady from Knox called, and asked if I'd be interested in performing at a church music night. Megan and I promptly decided that we'd like to sing a couple duets, so that's going to be oodles of fun. :)

Ok, I'm off! Enough shirking the SSHRC!

Love,
me

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home