That's Just Speechie!

The wandering ramblings of a Speechie Student at the UofA.

Tuesday, October 10, 2006

Male Model!

Oh yeah, two posts in two days. I rock! This morning I went to the 8am lab, so that I could go to a doctor’s appointment afterwards. It was a little early, even for my early-bird tastes, and it was so bleeding dark outside! Eurgh, clearly winter’s on its way. Anyhoo, I made it in to class, and collapsed into my seat to drink my green tea and attempt to wake up when I suddenly realized what was happening in lab. This morning was ‘male model’ morning. And a group of grown women had fits of the giggles when Nick, the aforementioned model, showed up and was promptly told to take off his shirt and lie down. Hee!

It was actually pretty cool. We learned to conduct a hands-on physical assessment of the respiratory system, looking for irregularities and asymmetries in the chest wall and abdomen. We also got to see Nick hooked up to a Respitrace, which allowed us to see the movements of his ribcage and abdomen in both a digital and an analog format. As he does different things with his breath (e.g. holding it, speaking, blowing out slowly) his RC and abs move in different and distinctive ways. It was pretty awesome.

So now I’m chilling in the waiting room. Dr. T’s an hour and a half behind (better than the day he was 6 hrs. behind!), so I imagine I’ll have quite a bit of time to read. I brought my hearing science book with me, but I also brought Mansfield Park. Guess which one I’m actually going to read? Yeah, that’s right. I’m so motivated to succeed. *rolls eyes*

Tonight is Tuesday night skating! *wOOt* My skates are now sharpened, so maybe my stopping’ll improve? Or maybe I’ll wipe out even more effectively? Tough call. ;) I suppose I’ll have to get SOME work done before I go – midterms are looming (not this week, but the next two).

I was grousing to Chris a little while ago that Google’s calendar didn’t have a to-do list function, and I really wanted one. Well, they must have heard me, because they’ve added the feature to the homepage options. It’s super sweet. Now when I open the internet, my homepage has my calendar, to-do list, Edmonton weather, email, Tetris (for those boring days!), and Google and Wikipedia toolbars. I love it!

Ok. I’m off to read Mansfield Park for a while. And then, maaaaaaaaaybe to read some HS/A (hearing science/audiology). Fun!

Later days,

Elizabeth

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home