That's Just Speechie!

The wandering ramblings of a Speechie Student at the UofA.

Monday, October 16, 2006

I do love endorphins

Hello dudes!

So, this last week has been busy and wonderful, as most of my weeks seem to be right about now. As I write this, I'm staring out the window at the snow falling, and trying to remember the last time I remember snow in October. Hmm.

Last Friday I did indeed go for coffee with a friend. I meant only to go for an hour or so (midterm studying was calling) but ended up sitting in the 2nd Cup for 4 hours. FOUR. It was insane, unproductive and a lot of fun. Turns out my friend knows another friend of mine, as they're in the same (bag)pipe band. Very small world!

I did indeed meet up with Elmo Saturday afternoon, which was also a lot of fun. He decided that our day needed a "theme" and his theme was "old couple Saturday." So we went to RONA to look at rocking chairs (he wants one for his flat), and then to Staples because we both love school supplies (I'm not alone in my weirdness!!), then for a drive out to Sherwood Park. He wanted to go to a very specific Dairy Queen, but we couldn't find it. He even stopped and asked for directions at an Esso.

"So you know where we're going now?" I asked.

"Well, they guy told me," he replied "but I couldn't understand a word he said. So no."

Mum says this fact alone made it an Old Couple Saturday. :)

We drove around looking at the sky and the changing colors for a while, continually mocked by the presence of many a Dairy Queen, but never THE Dairy Queen. At long last, we gave up, and went to one in Edmonton. ;) It was a lot of fun. He mentioned maybe calling yesterday, but didn't... Megan's thought?

"Maybe he's ... keeping the Sabbath?"

*lol*

Then Sunday was church with Meg, which was fun. We decided to skip skating since we both needed to study. She drove me home, so I thought it only fair to feed her lunch. She left at 2. So much for that good plan!! :D

And of course - Sunday night was my FIRST HOCKEY GAME EVER!!


It was so. much. fun. Seriously. I am the WORST player on the team, but the other girls are super nice, and not totally hung up on winning, which is great. Also convenient, since we lost 3-0. ;) We held our own, though - had the puck in their end quite a bit, but we're not very confident, so we didn't take very many shots. I'm playing forward, right- or left-wing, depending on whatever the person who just came off the ice was playing. I only fell over twice, and only one of those was because I ran into one of my own teammates. *eye roll* Other girls fell over, too though, so I didn't feel so alone in my ice snuggling. I even managed to smack the puck a few times, and always in the right direction. Go me! I loved suiting up in the stinky equipment and feeling all tough 'n' stuff. And at the end of it, I was completely wired on endorphins. I grinned the whole way home, and proceeded to send Meg some borderline hysterical texts. I burned through an hour of studying, and then the endorphins died. And I crashed.

I pushed through til about 23.30, but then succumbed and went to bed. I got up at 5.30 this morning to finish going through some notes, so I'm absolutely pooped right now. However, my midterm went really well (I think), so I'm happy. Tonight I'm going to put in a couple hours on anatomy (Wednesday's exam), and then crawl into bed a little earlier. :)

So that's life!

Love,
Huebert
(as my coach/GM/defenseman/leader/Anne calls me. It's very big-time - all last names! :D)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home