That's Just Speechie!

The wandering ramblings of a Speechie Student at the UofA.

Monday, June 05, 2006

Oh weekends!

Hi guys!

Today might be YOUR Monday, but it's MY Sunday, and I'm loving it. I slept til almost 11 this morning, and it was a beautiful thing. I stayed up til about 1 last night (this morning?) reading Dan Brown's Angels and Demons. It's awfully similar to The daVinci Code, but it was still interesting, and I loved the ambigrams (likely because I have one [not in the book] as my tatoo[you can see the image here]).

My shift at work on Saturday night was a gong show. Things went well for the first half or so, then all of a sudden - nothing went right!! By the time I went home I'd jammed my thumb in the yogurt machine (I'm missing a chunk right below the nail, hello one more scar!), slipped and almost fallen on my freshly mopped floor, and just generally was ready to turn in my ice cream scoop permanently. But I got to sleep in yesterday morning (Ok, that's nothing special. Given that I usually start work at 3, I can pretty much sleep in whenever I want), then we went and saw The Break Up, which was really funny (and Jennifer Aniston didn't suck! I usually can't stand the woman, but she did a good job), and did the grocery shopping. I'd run out of practically all my bathroom stuff, so I got new shampoo, conditioner, moisturizer - I smell delicious this morning! Then Amy made us special fried rice for supper, and it was super yummy. A much better day than Saturday!

Today I'm hanging out with Jasper, doing laundry, and thinking about lunch. It's a gorgeous day outside, so I think we'll go for walk when I'm done eating. I'm also hoping *fingers crossed* that I'll hear about the job today - and that, of course!, I'll get it. I didn't get a call/message on Friday, so maybe today?? Then, if N. is still up for it, we're thinking of going rollerblading on the Seawall. Hopefully I survive the encounter... I've got the 'going' part down, but I'm not so good with the 'stopping' bit. ;) Klutz!

It's definitely lunch time, and there's some sopsky salad in the fridge calling my name (yup, I still make it, even in Canada! But I can't find feta that's as salty as the balkansky syr. Darn!). So I'll catch y'all later.

Love,
me.

3 Comments:

  • At 2:55 p.m., Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I thought I was the only one who couldn't stop while rollerblading! Everyone makes fun of me because when asked to go rollerblading, the first thing out of my mouth is "are there going to be hills?" My goal this summer is to learn how to stop. I've owned my rollerblades for 7 years and Saturday was the first time my brake had been used. I may need to invest in a bike instead.

     
  • At 4:17 p.m., Anonymous Anonymous said…

    A hint: That rubber thing on the back of the rollerblade...that's a brake. Should you need to stop, just lean back. Although mine makes a loud squeaking noise when I try to brake...so I don't enjoy that too much either.
    -Liana

     
  • At 11:09 p.m., Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Ok, I'm not too sure I'd want to eat the food where you work...if parts of your body are included. It just sounds like one of those 'everything is going wrong' type of days. Question though, where is your tattoo and what does it say (I admit, I just can't see it right now)?
    Sounds like you're having fun getting together with friends. I'll be praying for your job, and you pray I'll pass my exams.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home