That's Just Speechie!

The wandering ramblings of a Speechie Student at the UofA.

Thursday, June 01, 2006

Think, brain, THINK!

Morning all. So I spent all day yesterday looking for interesting things to blog about, and I Swear to Goodness that I had like three ideas when I went to bed. I have currently forgotten all of them. Dagnabit!

Sooo - work is going well. I'm working a lot of evenings, which is kind of a bummer, but not a big deal. I am officially the world's fastest bathroom cleaner. Can I put that on my resume? This is the reason that mum used to pay me an hourly wage to clean her house. I'm thorough, but fast, and it never cost her very much! Also, my job is giving my biceps quite the tone up. I was doing my hair the other morning and thought "holy TOLEDO - where'd the hulk come from??" Perchance I shall take a picture. Perchance that would be just too creepy. I'm also developing that muscle that sits at the bottom of one's thumb. My brother says I'll have 'the claw' and be able to wring your neck singlehandedly. My boss says we girls need to start challenging the men in our families to arm wrestling matches for money. I think that's a good idea....

I should hear about the results of my interview tomorrow. I think it went well, but am trying to not get my hopes up. This is super important to me, but I don't know if I'll get it or not... I'll keep you posted.

Michael's in camp for a few days, so things are quiet around the house. Working evenings means that I don't do too much. Jasper and I go for walks (as you saw yesterday), and I watch daytime TV, and read. It's actually a pretty relaxed lifestyle. Good thing I don't know anyone here - it's not a lifestyle suited to hanging out with others!!

And yet, I believe N. and I are going out for a coffee tonight. I'm working the day shift, and she's off, so we thought we'd meet up. She tried to recruit me for her beach volleyball team, and I just about fell over giggling. I'm SO uncoordinated that I can barely put together a tortilla wrap filled with meat and veggies, and she's suggesting that I put on a swimsuit and run around trying to hit a ball but not the other people? *breaks down hysterically* Oh dear. *wipes tear* I'm alright, really.

So Keely and I were chatting yesterday, and discussing where we're going to be in 5 years, which will be our 10yr high school reunion. I'm thinking I'll own my own car, hopefully own a home (well, Ok, have a mortgage), and be working full-time as an SLP running conversation groups for senior citizens with aphasia or brain trauma. I'd like to be married, but with my luck, that's not going to happen. Where do you guys see yourselves in 5 years?

Eek - must run, the bus'll be here shortly, and I can't miss it! CR has limited bus service... you miss one, you're stuck for an hour!

Ta!

Elizabeth

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home