That's Just Speechie!

The wandering ramblings of a Speechie Student at the UofA.

Friday, June 02, 2006

Hurry Up and Wait

Ever get that feeling that all you're doing is waiting for something? The last little while in Prague I felt like I was waiting to come home, then I was at my parents' - waiting to come to CR. Now I'm in CR, waiting to hear about this job, and waiting to go back to school in September.

It's not a bad thing, necessarily. But I tend to get caught up in the waiting, and forget to live life now. So this morning, Jasper and I went for a walk along the ocean again, just to enjoy the sun and the wind and being outside. Death Cab for Cutie came on my MP3 player, and let me tell you, it's perfect music to accompany watching the waves break on the beach. I fell in love with "I Will Follow You into the Dark" this morning (lyrics here). I came home feeling much cheerier and awake than I usually feel after watching Tyra Banks, so maybe it's a good trade-off. (But how will I survive without seeing Tyra telling people about how much fecal matter is in their underpants, no matter how clean they are??! "Girl, next time you're nervous because you're going out with fine man, just remember that he has a QUARTER OF A PEANUT of dookie in his shorts, and you'll be cool!) Then again, maybe it won't be so hard to walk ways from the TV....

I also realized the other day that I've been back in Canadia for over month - it feels like it's been forever. I miss my friends there a lot - but they've been awesome about staying in touch (Marta, I mailed your pictures this week, they should arrive soon!). I love getting up in the morning and having emails from everyone. At first it was really hard to read about the things people were doing because I wanted to be there, doing them, so badly. But as I'm settling in here in CR, it's becoming easier to hear about the TEFLing scene.

Last night N. and I went for coffee at the local Starbucks. Mmmm white chocolate mocha (bila horka cokolada, prosim...). We giggled over everything and talked for over an hour. I love it how, with some girls, I just click. We hardly know each other, but there's no lack of conversation. It was like that with my girls in Prague, too. Girlfriends are the shizzle! I'm currently especially in love with Keely, because we MSN almost every day. I think we're closer now than we were in high school. Did y'all know that she and I have known each other for EIGHTEEN years?! Nuts!

Ok. I'm just rambling now, and I should probably be getting ready for work. Catch all's y'all later.

Love,
the ever loquacious me.

1 Comments:

  • At 3:37 p.m., Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Aww, thanks!! You just made my day. I love how our relationship has changed for the better. It's crazy to be able to say I've known someone for 18 years!! I can't belive I'm old enough to say that. It feels like I should still be 4 playing in Mrs. Brown's class with you.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home