That's Just Speechie!

The wandering ramblings of a Speechie Student at the UofA.

Saturday, May 13, 2006

Happy Saturday

Morning all, and a happy saturday to you! Big plans for the weekend, guys?

Not me - I'm working. Well, I work later today, and later tomorrow. That's going to be the biggest downside to working at the Pier - I'll be working a LOT of weekends I think. But I started there yesterday, and met two of the other girls, and they're both around my age, and they both rather cool. Cool as in "yes, let's make sure that all of the work gets done, but let's still manage to have a good time doing it." So when there weren't any customers around (given the rain, that was pretty often) we'd jabber away and dance to the radio. So: so far, so good!

Things I learned yesterday:
- how to scoop ice cream. You want a big cone? Come to the Pier. Our baby ice cream is the size of my fist. A regular scoop's almost 2x as big.
- how to make a wrap. And darn, do THEY look good. I may be eating lunch at the Pier when I work... there goes my paycheque! :D
- how to make newspaper cones to put the fish & chips in. Less exciting, but a skill nonetheless.
- sort of how to make waffle cones. I will be requiring a refresher lesson. But it's still pretty cool.

On a totally different topic, my brother now thinks I'm the best thing since WonderBread since I made brownies last night, and made mum's kind with the mini-marshmallows on top drizzled with chocolate frosting. Soooooooooooooo yummy. So yummy!

Today we're going to Courtney for lumpsch (that's what my cousin used to call it), and then I have to work. So I'm off to shower and make myself presentable. A fair amount of work lies ahead... ;)

Love,
me

1 Comments:

  • At 6:57 a.m., Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I got the job!!!
    David

    PS Hope alls well with you

     

Post a Comment

<< Home