That's Just Speechie!

The wandering ramblings of a Speechie Student at the UofA.

Tuesday, May 09, 2006

Ahoj!

Ahoj mes amis! (Ooh, I'm so multicultural!) How's your Tuesday? So far, mine's been - mellow.

Jasper came and got into bed with me this morning. She likes to sleep under the covers - only she tried to crawl inside my shirt instead of under the sheet. That was quite the wake up! I got her sorted out (under the sheet, but OUTSIDE of my shirt), and we slept til about 8.30. Lovely! Then we got up, went to the bathroom (she uses the tree - I use the toilet), ate a little breakfast, checked some emails. Then I had a shower, and she had a nap. It was, after all, a tiring morning for her! :D

I applied to be a dockhand yesterday - meaning I'd be loading and fuelling planes. Who knows if they'll contact me, but at least I'm trying! Michael's faxing in my application for the TEFL spot today, and I'm going to walk down for an "apply in person" job working in the little cafe down on the pier. I also need to print out a resume and drop it off at Save On, and maybe one for SuperStore, too. I hope I get a job soon - then I'll have a real reason to procrastinate on my grad school pre reading! Somehow, I just don't think that "The Tyra Banks" show is a good enough excuse. ;)

Oooh, I forgot to mention - I DO have a part time job - super part time. My big brother is occasionally a titch on the lazy side, and hates making his lunch. So for an unstated amount per week, I'm making his lunches for him. Let's just call it my 'walking around money' like my nephew does. ("Hey Papa? C'n I have some walkin' around money?")

So that's all that's new here. Jasper and I are going to go bum around in the back yard and read and play for a bit, then it will be lunch, and then I'll go down to the pier to apply in person. I hate applying in person! Wish me luck!

And aren't you all jealous of my new and lazy lifestyle? I sure don't miss 7.30 classes!

Love,
Elizabeth

1 Comments:

  • At 4:32 p.m., Blogger Elizabeth said…

    I'm nine hours earlier than you are... so take your time, and subtract nine, and there I am. :)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home