That's Just Speechie!

The wandering ramblings of a Speechie Student at the UofA.

Tuesday, May 09, 2006

One of these things is not like the other...

...one of these things just doesn't belong.



a)
























b)

















c)














If you guessed (b) - you're right! I WON'T be tap dancing for a living this summer! Ahahaha - now there's a visual no one needed. Anyhoo, that's right - I got a job! wOOt! A simple summer job that I imagine will be more work than I anticipate, but should be a lot of fun, and should involve me meeting tons of people. My "apply in-person" job application turned into an interview, and then morphed into "let's try you out for a few shifts." Since I'm fabulous (as we all know), I'm pretty sure that I'll have a steady full-time gig in just a few days.

I'm going to be working at Discovery Pier (see picture below) scooping ice cream, making wraps, frying up fish and chips (don't you wish you could come and visit me, Adrian?), and just generally working as a cafe girl/barista. The owner also has a restaurant that he mentioned he may need help in, so I might wind up splitting my time between the Pier and there. How neat is this?



I'm so pumped! Yay for a job! And double yay for a job where I'll get to meet tons of people. Talk about killing 2 birds with one stone! (And no, I haven't heard about the TEFL one yet - but tough luck for them. This one's within biking distance - walking, if I have an extra hour.) I'm in one fabulous mood at the mo. A job! A job! Huzzah!

Thanks for all your happy thoughts!

Love,
Elizabeth

1 Comments:

  • At 4:26 p.m., Anonymous Anonymous said…

    That is the absolute PERFECT summer job! Congratulations.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home