That's Just Speechie!

The wandering ramblings of a Speechie Student at the UofA.

Thursday, May 11, 2006

Oh dear.

Remember this post ? I am SO directionally impaired. So. Directionally. Impaired. When God was handing out senses of directions, I skipped that line and went straight for a double helping of verbal diarrhea (Did you know diarrhea is hereditary? It runs in your genes. [Don't get it? Say it out loud. Still don't get it? Email me.])

Anyhoo, being that tomorrow is my first day of work (whee! work! Remind me of this attitude in a month when I'm sick of working), I figured I should make sure I could myself there, and find out how long it's going to take me. I'm going to bike to work (thanks due to Amy, who is kindly loaning me her bike and helmet), so I hopped on the thing and pedalled my way down to the 7-11. I hung a right, and started to book it down the highway. I went a long. long. way. Right out of CR, actually. I'd been biking for quite a while, and I didn't see it, so I pulled over to ask (I always ask. Knowing me, and my previous experiences, I ALWAYS ask.) The guy pointed me back in the direction I'd just come from!

Being me (and being dumb), I assumed I'd gone past the Pier. So I head back, carefully watching for it. No pier! Huh! By now I'm having an asthma attack and my butt hurts like you wouldn't believe, so I figure I'll just go back to the house, soothe my aching arse, and let Michael drive me down there tonight, and point out the GIANT PIER that I couldn't seem to find. Must've been the construction.

So me and my painful posterior are watching "Degrassi" (oh goodness I love degrassi) when the phone rings.

"Hello?"

"Hey, how's it going?"

"It's Ok - but I couldn't find the pier, Michael! Can you drive me down there tonight, so I can find it tomorrow?"

"What do you mean, you couldn't find the pier? You just go down the highway!"

"I know! And I did! But how far down is it? I left CR! I went past the sign!"

significant pause

"You went the wrong way."

"WHAT?!" It isn't right at the sev?!"

"Uh nooo... It'd be left at the sev."

Elizabeth dies of idiocy.

So yet again, my sheer brilliance shines through my veneer of normalcy. To quote my father "And they gave you a university degree?"

Good thing I can laugh at myself, right? Right. That's what I'm telling my WOUNDED ego. Uh huh.

ha

ha

ha

-Elizabeth

2 Comments:

  • At 1:44 a.m., Blogger Bari said…

    Why did you have to mention Degrassi?
    Why,
    oh,
    why,
    oh,
    why
    ...?!

     
  • At 8:10 a.m., Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I got lost in a residential area in Red Deer last night. I was trying to go 2 subdivisions over, apparently it's harder than it seems...

     

Post a Comment

<< Home