That's Just Speechie!

The wandering ramblings of a Speechie Student at the UofA.

Sunday, May 07, 2006

And I'm not, not sure, not too sure how it feels...

...to handle every day...

5 Gold stars to whoever knows the song reference! Morning all. It's a grey and drizzly morning here in CR, which matches my mood rather perfectly. I think it's sinking in that Roberta and I aren't in Praha anymore. (For those of you not in the know, Roberta is the stuffed giraffe that Rob and Marta gave me to get me to leave, I mean, as a going away present. :) Rob+Marta=Roberta. Clever, eh? I know.)

It all kind of hit last night (Saturday night), after I dozed off and missed part of 'The Constant Gardener' (great movie), and was staggering to bed, exhausted at... wait for it... 10.30. Uh huh. You know, I can't remember a Saturday night in Prague where I was in bed at 10.30. As I crawled into my comfy bed, I had a little cry. I really miss all of my Prague friends, and I'm feeling pretty disconnected here. I love Michael and Amy, and they're being so good to me, but it's just weird not having my whole big group of friends around to do ... stuff... with. Whether it be eating at the local, or clubbing at N11, or walking around Petrin.

Clearly, I need a job. I've got too much time on my hands, and it's time for me to meet some new people. So I applied at a couple of grocery stores (wOOt!), and I'll go to the CR Employment Centre tomorrow and see what's available. I need to work!

Today we're going grocery shopping (which I do, in fact, love doing), and then I don't know what. The weather's a bit wet for outdoor events, so maybe we'll stay in and play games. I schooled Michael in crib yesterday (a - ok, so I won 2 out of 3, and b - see Chris? It is a real game! Other people have learned how to play it!), so maybe we'll play again, or switch it up with some backgammon.

Well, I'm off. Jasper needs her feet dried before she can come inside. And some people think that I'M a princess!!

Love,
Elizabeth

3 Comments:

  • At 3:24 p.m., Anonymous Anonymous said…

    It's silverchair! Miss you love....
    Wow, I'm so smart...hehe....

    -Liana

     
  • At 10:07 p.m., Anonymous Anonymous said…

    FYI Rob + Marta = RobARTA :)

     
  • At 11:10 a.m., Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Robini + Martini, hey that's cool now I want a Martini...

     

Post a Comment

<< Home