That's Just Speechie!

The wandering ramblings of a Speechie Student at the UofA.

Friday, April 28, 2006

Home Safe

Well, I made it. I got into Edmonton at around 23.00 last night, and now I'm staying in Wetaskiwin with my dad. Weird! Not much has changed here (except the comics in the Edmonton Journal), and it kind of feels like I've not been gone at all.

A couple of Prague friends have requested that I keep the blog going, so I'm looking for suggestions for a new name. Since this Pilgrim has done all the Prague-ressing she's going to for the time being, I need something new, something improved, something with that extra-special stain remover power! Somehow, Elizabeth Huebert, Speech Pathology Student Extraordinaire just doesn't cut it!

So that's all for now. If you're in the Wet Ed region, and want to meet up, call me at my folks' - or drop me an email. I imagine I'll be pretty tied up with family this weekend, but next week I should have time for visiting! Oooh visiting.

Love,
Elizabeth

PS - I miss fruit dumplings and cabbage soup already. Time to look up Czech recipes on the web, and have a Prague party!

4 Comments:

  • At 9:48 a.m., Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Whoo hoo! You're home!
    -Liana

     
  • At 12:31 p.m., Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I'm so glad you're home safely! I was starting to wonder if you were. I want to visit you before you're off again. How long are you going to be in Wetaskiwin? I could come up next weekend, or you could come here with Liana and we can go out dancing!!

     
  • At 1:08 p.m., Blogger Karlie said…

    What about Broca's Aphasia? Or Echoalia? Not that I think your sentences are repetitive OR grammatically incorrect. Or Bilateral Click? (lol - sorry, images of our phonetics professor gagging out a gutteral click in front of the class. How did we not get kicked out of that class?). I think I still like Broca's Aphasia though. It's a very unique blog name.

    And I'm thrilled you're keeping up the blog! As a friend who's still not anywhere near you I love to hear about all your adventures.

     
  • At 2:58 p.m., Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I definitely need to keep hearing about the life of Elizabeth; it's the only way I keep up to date on things.
    I'd love to get together with you and Keely and Liana if we had the chance. I don't think I could get down to Calgary though, between studying and working. Maybe we can work something out.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home