That's Just Speechie!

The wandering ramblings of a Speechie Student at the UofA.

Wednesday, April 19, 2006

You know you're from Canada if...

...you understand the phrase "Could you pass me a serviette, please? I just dropped my poutine on the chesterfield." *ba dum dum*

I'm using a whole bunch of these cheesy Canadian jokes to teach my last classes - I've only got 7 left!! 3 more today, 2 tomorrow, and 2 Friday. Oi!! This evening's class is going to read the "You know you're from Canada if..." list, and then make one for "You know you're Czech if..." Should be fun!

This week is MOTORING by. Guess that's what happens when you have Monday off. Yesterday I taught 4 classes, but one ended after 45 minutes because the student was exhausted, and just wanted to go home. Not sure if I should be offended! ;) Then I met with Ade and Courtney for some dinner at their local. Good times, good times. Tonight I'm meeting Ruth and we're going to a pizza place that she's heard good things about. Friday I think I'm meeting with a group of people for a quiet dinner in, and Saturday is my going away party. It's going to be AWESOME! :D Sunday I'm heading over to Tiffany's, Monday is... I don't know yet, Tuesday is dinner w/ Chris, and Wednesday is my going away dinner (my friends love me so much that we're having TWO going away celebrations. That, or they're REALLY excited to see me gone!!). Oi! Time is flying, and I don't think it'll slow down til right about the instant I hit Prague Int'l airport. Somehow I suspect that those 25 hrs of travelling aren't going to fly by.

Also on Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday - all my friends will be working, so I'm going to spend the days wandering around and doing some walking tours. I didn't do any when I first arrived, so I know where everything is, and a few of the stories, but not nearly enough. I'm going to brush up on my history before I head for home! Plus, it'll keep me from being bored.

Lordy lordy - I can't believe I'll be home in 8 days. Sweet Mother of Pearl that's soon. Eek! Just a few months ago I was SO homesick - and now I'm not so sure I want to go home! However - I'm super excited to go back to school. And I have some summer reading that I'm supposed to do. Karlie - your Child Language Acquisition book that I borrowed and forgot to return 2 years ago? Can I keep it? I'm supposed to re-read it. ;) I have to confess - it was boring 2 years ago, and I'm not sure that time will have improved it! I also need (and this is really exciting) a new human brain colouring book, since I'm supposed to review my neuroanatomy. I LOVE THE HUMAN BRAIN COLOURING BOOK. I supposed I'll also reread my neuropsychology text - blargh. That class was NOT so much fun!

Ok. I suppose I should go do something productive. (hee hee hee). Like print out my email confirmations that my flights are still Ok, even though I booked them 8 mos ago. I figure if I have the emails where they say that everything is "A-Ok", even if they aren't, the airline will have to help me, because they told me they were. Make sense? Of course it does! See y'all in a little over a week.

Love,
Elizabeth

2 Comments:

  • At 7:53 a.m., Blogger Karlie said…

    You can keep borrowing it :D But I really liked that textbook so someday I'd like it back ;) Maybe once you're done grad school, since you want to teach adults anyway. I forgot I lent it to you lol. Sounds like you're enjoying your time left, and just think of all the new adventures waiting for you here!

    You know you're Canadian if you design your kids' Hallowe'en costume to fit over a snowsuit.

     
  • At 12:00 p.m., Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Are you going to change the name of your blog when you come back?

     

Post a Comment

<< Home