That's Just Speechie!

The wandering ramblings of a Speechie Student at the UofA.

Wednesday, March 29, 2006

*Insert Something Witty Here*

Morning all! How're things going?

Life in Prague is ... life-like. You know, work, eat, sleep, rinse, repeat. I'm incredibly grateful that my students have ceased with the 8 million business trips and skiing holidays, and have therefore also ceased cancelling 3/4 of their lessons. Finances are pretty well back on track, and life is good. I'm even managing to not be too stressed about the fact that my life in a month is a complete and total blank, and I really have no idea what I'll be doing. Cross that bridge when I get to it!

The week has been good so far. I'm really missing Lucy, who went home to be with her dad who's in hospital. Please pray for him! Fortunately, there are still my other friends here, and I'm spending lots of time with them. Hopefully I'm meeting Adrian, Rob and Marta for dinner tonight, then tomorrow's the pub, Saturday I'm going to Dresden with Ruth and MJ, Sunday to Karlstejn with Tiffany and her friend... well, I'm keeping busy! I've only got a month left here, so I'm squeezing in all the friends and living that I can.

Hopefully I'll get to go to Karlovy Vary (a spa town in Bohemia), and one or two other Czech cities of interest sometime in April. I also want to spend as much time as posisble with all of my Prague friends - it'll be some time before I can see them again. And then it will be time to think about taking my books back to Skrivanek, mailing home my winter coat and quilt, and packing up. I get a little weepy when I think about coming home - it's going to be so incredibly hard to leave everyone here behind, but I know that April 27 is the right day for me to go home. Wherever that is.

Right now, I'm in a holding pattern re: grad school. Dal will tell me my wait list ranking around April 14, and then I'll have to start thinking again. It turns out that they had 308 applications for 30 spots... so competition was tight. I think that if I'm 5 or higher on the list, I'm REALLY going to have to think, but if I'm 6 or lower, I will accept the UofA's offer. The UofA is a great school, with a great reputation - so it's not like it's a terrible fate to attend there! I just set my heart on living on the East Coast and doing the 3 year program instead. But 2 years in Edmonton will make me just as qualified, and I'm sure they'd be great years, too. *sigh* Life's never easy, is it? :)

Love you all, hope all is well.

Love,
Elizabeth

3 Comments:

  • At 6:09 a.m., Blogger Truskawka said…

    This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

     
  • At 6:57 a.m., Blogger Karlie said…

    Just think, you could be waiting until end of June to hear :( I'll know about Lakehead (and possibly Toronto) next week, but not U of M or U of A for a LONG time.

     
  • At 7:06 a.m., Blogger Elizabeth said…

    Marta, it's edited, and I deleted your comment. Hope he didn't see it. I'm so sorry - some days I'm so clueless it hurts. :(

     

Post a Comment

<< Home