That's Just Speechie!

The wandering ramblings of a Speechie Student at the UofA.

Sunday, March 26, 2006

Ups and Downs

Hi all! Just got home from a WONDERFUL weekend in Cesky Krumlov, a small town 3 hours... some direction from Prague. It's a UNESCO site (well, at least its historical centre is), and so everything in the centre is historical. It's lovely and small and twisty with a castle, and a river, and an empty moat that bears live in. Bears!

We stayed in this little hostel run by an old Czech man that looked Father Christmas on hard times. He was great! He showed us the cheapest pub around, and we had a great time eating dinner there Saturday night.

If you're ever in the area, you should check this place out. It's absolutely gorgeous, and very peaceful. It was great to be somewhere that smelled nice (not like city smog), and the rain smelled like real rain (the rain in Prague doesn't smell. Weird, I know.)

The down part of the title is that Dal didn't choose me in their first round of candidates. I know, I know - what were they thinking?! ;) But for now I've applied for the wait-list. The tricky thing is that I don't really know how any of this works, especially timing wise. The UofA is going to want to know fairly soon if I'm going to accept a spot with them, but I'm not sure when Dal will put its wait-list together, and furthermore, how far down that list I'll be. Aaargh! There is much praying going on. I really want to go to Dal, and I felt that desire was from God, but maybe it isn't. Or maybe he wanted me to desire it, but then to go to UofA??... I just don't know. I'm really, really confused right now. I should hear if I got either of the scholarships I applied for by the end of this week (I'm not hopeful - I imagine competition for those babies is STEEP), and maybe that will help me sort all this out. Anyhoo, I could really use your prayers and support right now, because I'm confused, and disappointed, and frustrated.

But what will help is a good night's sleep, so I'm off to get one.

Love you all! Thanks for loving me!

Love,
Elizabeth

4 Comments:

  • At 4:52 p.m., Blogger meesh said…

    If Dal is really what you want to do, you'll find a way to do it. If it's simply being away from home independantly, you're already excelling at that and if you want it, more opportunities will come your way. I'm sure it will all work out for you - it just really sucks waiting for it to happen :-)

    hugs

     
  • At 7:07 p.m., Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Bears don't live in moats silly. You must be on the other side of the world!
    I'll be praying for answers from Dal, though I know we'd all love to have you closer.

     
  • At 6:53 a.m., Blogger Karlie said…

    Maybe it's a lesson in having to choose what might not be the choice YOU want? Sometimes I wish God would build neon signs :) I'm still really, really hopin gi get into U of A, mostly because I miss the city and University....yet I would like to move to Winnipeg too because I'm close to my parents, Sean's are there, and that's a place he really wants to go. Plus, Sean has lots of friends that still live there, and I only have a couple left in E-town (maybe more, depending on if you and Ang move back!). I've been doing lots of praying too. Although I don't go to church anymore (I can't find one I like here, that's open and welcoming) I've been praying a lot, and I feel like God has really blessed this relationship between Sean and I - so I'm sure he'll put us in the place he wants us!

     
  • At 6:54 a.m., Blogger Karlie said…

    ERk, please ignore my spelling mistakes, I have a cat craqling all over my lap and laptop!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home