That's Just Speechie!

The wandering ramblings of a Speechie Student at the UofA.

Sunday, April 16, 2006

Happy Easter!

Hi all - I can never remember - do we get Easter baskets on Sunday or Monday? Not that it matters - no Easter basket for me this year. :( I miss having dad around, as he usually rustled up some chocolate for me on the important days!

We did indeed go to the pubcrawl Friday night, and it was a nice night of sititng around and talking to people. The weather was altogether uncooperative, and drizzled all night, so we didn't "crawl" very much - we only went to 3 different pubs. We did find one with a wicked dancefloor, and good music, so that was fun! (Can it still be called a 'pub' if it has a dancefloor?)

Yesterday morning Tiffany and I went shopping. My Austria jeans (my favorites!) have blown in the thigh. Why, God, did you grant me such muscle-y, chubby thighs?? All my jeans get holes there! So I picked out a new pair of pants (trousers, Chris, trousers!), and a couple t-shirts. Yay for clothes that actually fit me.

Then Tiffany and I walked up Vysehrad, and through the cemetery up there. I saw Dvorak's grave. There's a beautiful graveyard at the Basilica - if you come to Prague, I highly recommend checking it out.

Then last night we went dancing! How I love dancing. We went to N11, a rather ex-pat'y place, but it has a good dance floor, good pop-y music, and not too many people. We had a great time - danced til 3.30 am. Whee! Y'all up in Edmonton had better be ready for some dancing when I get back!

Time to go to the potraviny to get stuff for lunch. I'm starved! Catch y'all later.

Love,
Elizabeth

3 Comments:

  • At 9:17 a.m., Blogger Karlie said…

    Yeah, I didn't get an easter egg hunt either :) But that's OK, I got one last year!

    Dvorak is notable to me because he's the ONLY Romantic composer I had to study for my Music History exam that died "happy, surrounded by friends and family". At least, I'm pretty sure it was Dvorak.....either that or Rimsky-Korsakov. I think it was Dvorak though.

     
  • At 7:02 p.m., Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I still made sure I got an Easter basket this year. And I have to say that dad is a lot better at hiding it than mom.
    As for dancing when you come back to Edmonton, I'm going to hold you to that. Apparently after graduation I'll have no more friends that live here, so you'd better take me out to have some fun!

     
  • At 10:39 a.m., Anonymous Anonymous said…

    HEY, I live here!! And I enjoy going out. Elizabeth, I don't think you're going to have a problem finding people to go dancing...
    -Liana

     

Post a Comment

<< Home