That's Just Speechie!

The wandering ramblings of a Speechie Student at the UofA.

Tuesday, April 11, 2006

It's Wednesday?! Already?! Where'd Monday and Tuesday Go??

Hi all, and a good ...Wednesday... morning to you all. Time is motoring by in the Czech Republic (Prague lies directly on a wrinkle in the space-time continuum, I swear it), and I can't believe I'll be back in Canadia in just 15 days. Eek!

I forgot to tell you about the rest of my weekend, which I think I should do, since dad's convinced I'm becoming an alcoholic, as a number of my posts mention having a drink recently. Ok, but one drink does not an alcoholic make! ;) Anyhoo, Saturday morning I slept in, in a gloriously luxurious sort of way. I do love sleeping. Then I met Chris for lunch, and we climbed Petrin Hill, a surprising chunk of green in the centre (sort of) of Prague. It was a beautiful spring day with sunshine and everything, and we just wandered about up there and looked at the view. Usually things are pretty smoggy in Prague, but it was an oddly clear day, so we had a perfect view of the city. Later that evening I met with Tiffany and Kristen, and we went and saw Swan Lake at the Narodni Divadlo (National Theatre). It was quite good! I was super tired, and kept doing the "head bob" (students, you know what I mean). When the one dancer fell down a few steps, that woke me right up, and I thoroughly enjoyed the whole she-bang.

Sunday I also slept in (hurrah for a church with an 11am service), and then made my way to church. It'd been a while since I'd gone, so there was much welcoming, and a small amount of guilt tripping. It was Palm Sunday (of course), I really enjoyed the service. The music was especially awesome, and we all know how I love singing. After the service I gave away a bag of too big clothes to one of the students here. She's quite tiny, so I hope she knows someone a bit, well... "bigger" to wear them. If they're too big on me, honey, they'll dwarf you! I met Chris for lunch after, and we climbed the Old Town Tower to look out at the view (awesome!), and then walked to Vysehrad, which was beautiful. It was a bit cold and drizzly, which was too bad, but I enjoyed the day nonetheless. My aching legs, well, ached, but I coped! :) Dancing Friday, climbing steep hills Saturday, and long walks Sunday - my legs were pooped. That evening I met Jon, Ade, Ruth and MJ for dinner at a veggie place called Radost's. They have amazing food, if not-so-stellar service. Their couscous salad is to DIE for. Well - at least lose a finger or toe for. We had a nice time just hanging out and visiting. Josh was supposed to join us, but he forgot, and stood us up. Therefore, I'm meeting him for dinner tonight at the Dirty Cafe. Should be fun!

Monday and Tuesday have been work, sleep, read, and visit with friends. It's how I also am hoping to spend the next 15 days. I just want to be with my friends as much as possible. I'm not ready to go home yet! And yet in some ways, I am - I'm quite torn. But there's not much point in focussing on it -I chose 27 April believing it was what God wanted. I still believe that, and so I know it's the right time to go home. And so I shall do it - bravely, with my chin in the air -like the littlest pig, crying all the way home.

Love you!
Elizabeth

1 Comments:

  • At 12:58 a.m., Blogger Elizabeth said…

    I am indeed having a wonderful time! I can't wait to show you my pictures, and I wish you could meet my friends here. I'll have you know that I have NEVER 'sloshed' home! Never!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home