That's Just Speechie!

The wandering ramblings of a Speechie Student at the UofA.

Thursday, March 02, 2006

Happy as a Clam

Hi y'all,

I'm going to give up on apologizing for the sporadic posting. That's just the way it's going to be! :) Things here in the city of spires are good. I can't quite believe that it's March, but I'm working on accepting that.

It's been a mellow week so far. Classes have gone well, and I had an especially good one on Tuesday morning. I love it when natural conversation takes over during an ordinary activity. My students gabbed away for 1/2 an hour in natural English! wOOt! :D

Tomorrow I'm subbing a day-long intensive course, so it's the equivalent of 4 1/2 90 minute classes. My April 15 paycheque will be LOVING it.

I didn't make it to the zoo this past weekend because, as I feared, the weather sucked. Maybe I'll get there this weekend? Not sure what my plans are yet. One of my students has tentatively invited me to her cottage on Saturday (on the Czech-German border), so if that becomes a concrete offer, I'll be there! I also need a new pair of shoes. I bought a cheap ($15) pair, thinking they'd last me the next couple months, but they're already falling apart. I think I might splurge and buy a nicer pair that'll last a while.

Well, that's all that's new here. I'm looking for work in CR, and Michael and Amy are helping me with that (thanks guys!!). I'm also still waiting to hear from UofA and DalU. Fingers crossed!

Love,
Elizabeth

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home