That's Just Speechie!

The wandering ramblings of a Speechie Student at the UofA.

Saturday, February 25, 2006

I love this crazy, tragic, sometimes almost magic, awful, beautiful life

Yeah, yeah, I stole the title from a country song. But I hate coming up with my own!! :) It's been a pretty awesome week, though, so it seemed like a good choice. The time is flying by here (it's almost the end of February, yikes!), and I'm loving life in Prague. I'm officially on my longest homesickness-free run, so that's exciting. :) I'm not feeling in such a hurry to head home now!

My workweek was pretty ordinary, teach during the day, meet Courtney and Lucy for dinner (Monday), teach, meet Courtney and Lucy (Tuesday), teach, meet Chris (Wednesday), teach, meet Courtney for dinner, then the others for pub night (Thursday). Then on Friday (yesterday, I guess!) both my students cancelled, so I slept in, cleaned, showered, napped, read, and got ready to have guests. Last night 8 of my friends came over for dinner. I cooked the main course (BBQ chicken and pan friend veggies), and my mates brought salads (Marta's was incredible - the girl has salad skills!) and we just hung out and laughed and talked and listend to music. It was great!!

Today, I slept in, napped, read (I'm sooo lazy), planned a lesson, cleaned up the remains of the party (Lucy and Courtney are so awesome, they did most of the cleaning up last night), and now I'm just chilling. I'm meeting my mates for some rugby at the sports pub in an hour or so, and then we're going to see a band that contains a student of someone I know. The music has been described as "jazz and hiphop combined," and as "German brass band cross English golf." Huh. We figure we have to see it just to see it!

Tomorrow, Chris and I are going to the zoo. I've wanted to see it since I got here, so I'm really looking forward to it. I hope the sun shines. It was lovely for a while today, but it's all clouding over now. :( I can't believe I've been seeing him for a month now, it's crazy. Time is just flying by. My friends and I have (officially) decided that Prague lies directly across a wrinkle in the time-space continuum, and that time makes no sense here. January draaaaaaaaaged on at the end, and now all of a sudden it's going to be March!

Speaking of time, today's my 6-month anniversary in Praha. I'm quite amazed. In some ways I think I've been gone forever, and in others like I only just left Canada. I also can't believe that I've actually managed to survive! I know some of us had our doubts as to the success of this little endeavor of mine, but I'm doing it! wOOt!

I'm off to put on some make up and real pants (I do love sweats, but they look out of place in the pub!).

Bye!
Elizabeth

1 Comments:

  • At 9:32 p.m., Anonymous Anonymous said…

    So, by "seeing him" for a month you mean...?

    ;)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home